Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Intro for new 911!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 06:18 PM
shadopadla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intro for new 911!

Just drove this beauty up from NYC, had some trouble on the way but everything's square now. Sounds wonderful and a real pleasure to be behind the wheel of one of the most beautiful and fun cars I've driven!

Here are a couple of quick pics, only washed down and vacuumed out, haven't had a chance to do a nice detail job with the weather we've had here recently.

Enjoy!

http://gallery.me.com/shadopadla#100...&bgcolor=black
Old 06-11-2009, 06:43 PM
nikkoa
Instructor

nice looking car! Might have to get me one
Old 06-11-2009, 07:19 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enjoy!!!

Best,

Doyle
Old 06-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice car! Great color.

First things first...unless you plan to rally her, let's get that baby down out of the sky!
Attached Images  
Old 06-11-2009, 09:29 PM
shadopadla
Advanced

Yea, lowering the car to a normal looking height is one of the first things planned, besides tightening up fuel relay and some basic maintenance.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Dan_N
Advanced

Congrats. How many miles?
Old 06-11-2009, 10:10 PM
shadopadla
Advanced

107,000 or so, still young :-)
Old 06-11-2009, 10:29 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Nice

Need to sign up for the www.911SCWDP.com

John
Old 03-15-2011, 11:39 PM
shadopadla
Advanced

Got some new pics of the car after lowering it and some repainting. Lots to do and having a bunch of fun, hopefully this weekend and next I'll be putting in new suspension bushings and shocks for all 4 corners. Steve set me up with some Bilstein HD/ Sports and I'm only now getting around to putting them on in time for DE and autocross events coming up in a month!

Older images

New ones

Old 03-16-2011, 12:27 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice car, an old friend of mine has it's twin in Pittsburg. And FYI if you're going to bother blacking out the license plate, make sure you get them all!

More details on the car too, year? mods?
Old 03-16-2011, 01:19 AM
shadopadla
Advanced

Thanks for the catch, updated those offending pics!

It's a 1983 911 SC that my dad bought new and I have taken over. He had started to turn it into a track car, then let his sister "borrow" it for a decade down in NYC so a few things were lost to make it more city driveable.

Has 117,000 miles on her now as I use it as my DD.

Unfortunately my dad had a fellow PCA'er do most of the work and updates/ upgrades and didn't keep a list of the work done, so I'm still finding out what has/ hasn't been done.

So far I know it has:

SSI's and a rusty oem-style muffler
Turbo valve covers
Carrera oil tensioners
Turbo tie rods

Most likely spring centered clutch but I haven't checked yet. The rear shocks are koni's and has an old set of adjustable spring plates that the bolts froze on.

I've done:

Rebuilt pedal cluster
SS brake lines
Painted wheels
New Yokohamas

Soon I'll be putting in polybronze bushings, Bilstein HD rear/ Sport front shocks and new rear adjustable spring plates.

I've been enjoying working on the car and driving it, I have a lot planned for the car but will likely take a few years to work everything out. I've been keeping track of oil use/leak and it seems like an engine rebuild is in the future. At some point going to take it to some local mechanics to get their opinions on if it needs a rebuild, or "just" need to chase down some oil leaks.

I'll definitely be coming to the boards for advice on engine upgrades/ mods if it has to be cracked.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shadopadla
Thanks for the catch, updated those offending pics!

It's a 1983 911 SC that my dad bought new and I have taken over. He had started to turn it into a track car, then let his sister "borrow" it for a decade down in NYC so a few things were lost to make it more city driveable.

Has 117,000 miles on her now as I use it as my DD.

Unfortunately my dad had a fellow PCA'er do most of the work and updates/ upgrades and didn't keep a list of the work done, so I'm still finding out what has/ hasn't been done.

So far I know it has:

SSI's and a rusty oem-style muffler
Turbo valve covers
Carrera oil tensioners
Turbo tie rods

Most likely spring centered clutch but I haven't checked yet. The rear shocks are koni's and has an old set of adjustable spring plates that the bolts froze on.

I've done:

Rebuilt pedal cluster
SS brake lines
Painted wheels
New Yokohamas

Soon I'll be putting in polybronze bushings, Bilstein HD rear/ Sport front shocks and new rear adjustable spring plates.

I've been enjoying working on the car and driving it, I have a lot planned for the car but will likely take a few years to work everything out. I've been keeping track of oil use/leak and it seems like an engine rebuild is in the future. At some point going to take it to some local mechanics to get their opinions on if it needs a rebuild, or "just" need to chase down some oil leaks.

I'll definitely be coming to the boards for advice on engine upgrades/ mods if it has to be cracked.
Sweet I just saw the condition of my pedal cluster, I think I need a rebuild....

And I always seem to 1/2 @ss my own plate cover up. Even though I understand the reasoning... Starts to become a pain to remember....
Old 03-16-2011, 10:13 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:35 PM
shadopadla
Advanced

Thanks! These boards have been great for looking up information, just the other day I checked about a steering wheel wobble that developed recently and "discovered" it's an issue that has quite a few threads, and is an easy fix! Should've known to come here and search for the issue right away!

Many of your cars and projects are inspiration for what I have planned/ what I'm doing with mine!

Quick Reply: Intro for new 911!