whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

don't waste your time.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:32 PM
whalebird
Race Car

sorry about the double post. Then again - take it as emphasis.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:08 AM
rnln
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone explain why run? He doesn't give any information enough to decide of how the condition is, beside no record. Aren't most of us work on our car ourselves? Just a thought.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:51 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,120 Likes on 802 Posts

Originally Posted by rnln
Can someone explain why run? He doesn't give any information enough to decide of how the condition is, beside no record. Aren't most of us work on our car ourselves? Just a thought.
...it's a 2.7 with no records ? ....

any Porsche guy worth his salt will be VERY wary of this ..
Old 04-27-2009, 04:53 AM
rnln
Burning Brakes

I don't what different 2.7 guys do but I usually take care most of the problems myself, or with friends. When I do things myslef, most of the time I don't keep the records. Many of us here DIY too.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Well, I don't agree. DIY does not have to mean no records. I have a folder with EVERY receipt I've spent on, and I keep a log on a spreadsheet with description of the work, miles and date. very simple and even I go back and refer to past work done. I can't imagine anyone not doing such backup.

I don't what different 2.7 guys do but I usually take care most of the problems myself, or with friends. When I do things myslef, most of the time I don't keep the records. Many of us here DIY too.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:49 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Its a 76 2.7. That was the year for the 5 bladed fan. I don't object to a 2.7, but the slant nose package is a deal-killer for me. The slope nose add ons were fiberglass. In addition the headlight drives were toyota supra parts in most cases. If it has the rear fender vents then you know it has been hacked all to pieces.
In summery its a 5 bladed 2.7 with who knows how much bondo and bubble gum welds. It has obviously had paint and body work on a partialloy galvanized tub.
In my experiance, this type of car is what ruins the ownership experiance for unsuspecting buyers.
Sure, I could be wrong, but I am confident this is not a desirable car at any price.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:41 AM
rnln
Burning Brakes

I did keep documents of my stuff too and also had a small database but multiple times I hard-drive crashed and lost them, more than once. In fact, I still keep them but am not very meticulous about them; therefore I don't have all of them. I am tired of being too meticulous about documents, since I do a lot to my cars.

Well, I can be wrong too. I just think if the car is modified right (regarding body work), then it's should be a benefit, if the buyer like slantnose. Again, if the kit was added on right.

What I meant was I would trust the condition of the car more than documents. A real test/check and/or PPI would be the most importnat. Yes, some documents would be nice but that is not a primary reason I would turn away from a car. That's all I meant.
I have purchased more than one very nice condition used cars without documents.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:18 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,120 Likes on 802 Posts

I do understand your point .. however,,,
... I have documents for every single thing I have ever done to my car , and know it will mean something if I ever sell...
..the 2.7 is a special case because it was a problematic car for heads pulling. T o have the case split and repaierd properly I don't think can be done in your garage with your sears hand drill and a helicoil kit/

You would HAVE to have documentation for this. I do agree with whalebird on this but I will say I sm presonally biased and like purity , not body modded cars,,, i would walk past obe without ever giving it the time of day

my preference though ....

Quick Reply: Should I look into this 911 further ?