Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

My 89 Coupe on the market

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 09:34 PM
981/911
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Kaefer, what is the address for the Richmond group? I only know and have joined the Potomacpca, but they are in Northern Va.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:16 PM
RacerX1166
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schred
Racer,
It is all going to be a distant memory soon, and the big D late in life is not the end of the world. Ask me how I know ! I am having the time of my life now,, after a loooooooong marriage,, the car collection is growing again, and life is great.. Keep your head up and dont look back.. I take it you are from one of those states where the 50/ 50 split does not apply ? That aint right my man !
Good luck and glad to see you are keeping the car..
Thanks Schred. While I'd like to play the downtrodden soon to be divorced guy, I'm liking things right now. I guess that has something to do with my wife treating me very well in the hopes that I'll change my mind. I'll plead guilty to letting her believe that chance exists until I can get my stuff out of the house. I've seen and heard of too many women going apeshiiite when they're really confronted that it's over.

I'm still young enough to be a great catch and have already gotten a few 'offers'.

The law will be a bit nebulous in division of assets here. I will only say this: there was a lawsuit recovery on her part that provided a nice nest egg (which we didn't have prior because I was supporting her prior to the recovery). My income was utilized in the day to day expenses that allowed her to maintain said nest egg. However, she is telling me that said nest egg is solely her's and I'm out of luck when I leave.

We'll see and, to be honest, I don't really care because it takes alimony off the table.

And, sorry Cal, but I'm going to be dating up a storm. Won't be marrying any of them unless they're Christy Turlington offering me a juicy prenup.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:01 PM
David in VA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Racer,

There is a pretty active Porsche community around here. http://dorkiphus.net is one website although mostly focused on DC/Northern VA. PCA has a couple of regions (First Settlers, Shenandoah and Potomac) which put on quite a few events including DE, fun runs, concours, and many others. We're very spoiled to be 2.5 hours away from VIR which is a fantastic facility. Look me or Kaefer or any of the Richmond folks when you get here, good excuse to get together and go for a drive.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Kaefer
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by glennspiegler
Kaefer, what is the address for the Richmond group? I only know and have joined the Potomacpca, but they are in Northern Va.
Right now the Richmond group is only an email list with 12 or so members (which reminds me - I need to add David in VA to the list). If you want send me a PM with your email address and I'll add it to the list. Eventually I may create a Richmond P-car forum if there is enough interest.

As David in VA mentioned dorkiphus.net is a very active Northern VA based Porsche site.

As far as PCA goes I'm a member of Shenendoah PCA:
http://shn.pca.org/

Quick Reply: My 89 Coupe on the market