Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

My 89 Coupe on the market

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:26 AM
RoninLB
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep the Fuch'en thing. Keep your sanity. Take it out on the road this spring for a 20K mile zig zag US tour and sleep in every forest you can find.

better to sleep with cougars than remember sleeping with her
Old 02-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Some benevolent nearby Rennlister needs to lend you some garage or barn space. At least that would be a "no-charge" option.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:28 PM
BLEW911
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nikkoa
Yes you must be a member to view classifieds
So, the point of limiting the number of people that see the classifieds is.....?
Old 02-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

....one of the enticements to get people to join.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:06 PM
RacerX1166
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RoninLB
Keep the Fuch'en thing. Keep your sanity. Take it out on the road this spring for a 20K mile zig zag US tour and sleep in every forest you can find.

better to sleep with cougars than remember sleeping with her
Well, I'm a bit old for the 20k mile, forest sleeping adventure and, much to my chagrin, I've hit the point where I'm too old for cougars to be interested.

However, I had a bit of a revelation last night that I probably would have had sooner if I wasn't stressed from the new job, new city and marital issues. For what I would pay for an apartment, rental garage, and a storage unit (since I'm taking ALL of my stuff very soon), I could rent a pretty nice house with decent garage space.

Looking at a few this week with one nicely upgraded townhouse w/ nice two car garage being the dark horse so far.

Long story short - I'M KEEPING THE CAR!!!

As Ronin so aptly pointed out, I'll need my Carrera for my sanity. Renting a big enough house allows me to keep all my stuff in one spot so I can actually do work on the car, wash it, etc.

One cool thing is that I'm even going to have my company pick up the bill to transport the car down here, removing the logistic issue from the equation and keeping the car off that hellhole 95 around DC.

On to new business - who can introduce me to some model quality 24 year old hotties living near Richmond VA who get turned on by 40'ish mildly pudgy marketing professionals?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:33 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Glad to see you're keeping her

John
Old 02-18-2009, 01:55 AM
jakeflyer
Pro

glad that you are able to do so. It will save you a long term regret
Old 02-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Happy to hear you get to keep your car...
Old 02-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Kaefer
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

RacerX1166,

There are a handful of Rennlist aircooled 911 folks in the Richmond VA area, myself included. If you end up keeping the car and want to meet up with some locals for some country drives let me know. We also get together once a month or so for some DIY maintenance gatherings.

Good luck with your relocation!
Old 02-21-2009, 03:37 PM
RacerX1166
Racer

Originally Posted by Kaefer
RacerX1166,

There are a handful of Rennlist aircooled 911 folks in the Richmond VA area, myself included. If you end up keeping the car and want to meet up with some locals for some country drives let me know. We also get together once a month or so for some DIY maintenance gatherings.

Good luck with your relocation!
Kaefer, that's exactly what I was hoping for! One of the ancillary reasons I kept her was to make the transition to a new city a bit less stressful by meeting people with similar interests.

I'll send you a pm with my contact info. I'm hoping to have the car shipped to the new digs the first week of March. Once I get back from Germany, I'll be ready to see a lot more of the VA driving experience.

BTW, I figure a search will yield a ton more results than I can sift through. Anyone been to the Ring and/or have a good website with info? I'm in Germany for two weeks at the end of March again and would like to make the trip down to Nurburg for my first laps.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Its nice to hear you will keep it!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:39 PM
RacerX1166
Racer

Aaaaahhhhhh, It was a nice day so I took her out of hibernation and out for a spin, in anticipation of her being shipped in two weeks. Didn't even really exercise her too much but I feel so much better!

I had forgotten how beautiful she was as well. After stopping at an ATM, I walked out and the sun was setting behind her, mixing the Baltic blue with oranges and purples. It literally took my breath away.

Yes, I need counseling....
Old 02-21-2009, 07:18 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Sweet!
Old 02-21-2009, 09:10 PM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Now.........if we can just keep you from dating for several years you will be golden.
I will provide my wisdom.
You want a fine meal?......Get a double cheeseburger, its my favorite food group
You want sex?......Get a Hooker, they don't want to be your friend, they want the money
You want a friend?.........Get a dog
You have perhaps the finest all around car ever produced.

Last edited by cal44; 02-22-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:44 PM
schred
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Racer,
It is all going to be a distant memory soon, and the big D late in life is not the end of the world. Ask me how I know ! I am having the time of my life now,, after a loooooooong marriage,, the car collection is growing again, and life is great.. Keep your head up and dont look back.. I take it you are from one of those states where the 50/ 50 split does not apply ? That aint right my man !
Good luck and glad to see you are keeping the car..

Quick Reply: My 89 Coupe on the market