Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 Contract of sale for over seas buyer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 07:26 PM
obersturm
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 911 Contract of sale for over seas buyer?

Hi all,

I am located in Australia but am picking up a 1986 911 Cabriolet from Hawaii this month.
Does anybody have some sort of a contract of sale that I could use for the transaction?
I did a carfax check and there are no issues on that and the owner holds the title and emailed me a scan.

Anybody who has any advise or tips on how to go about this please shoot away or email me a contract to: mjhornATgmx.net

Thanks and best regards from down under

Martin
Old 02-07-2009, 03:02 AM
obersturm
Instructor

Hi all,

one of the 50 already reading this post must have bought or sold a car and be able to render some assistance on this issue PLEEEEEAAAAASEEEEE????

Can you get pre printed contracts where you just enter the buyer/seller/car details at the news agencys or the AAA or something like that? Thats how is works in Germany....

Best regards
from down under

Marty
Old 02-07-2009, 06:15 AM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used a form that I found online when I sold/sent to the UK. There wasn't anything special about the form.
it looked like this, nothing special really. There would have been more I suppose if the buyer needed the title but over there he didn't, just proof that it wasn't salvage.
I copied and pasted so someone smarter than me can/could maybe give pointers to you.

On this date, , I, referred to as sellers,

Residing at

Sell and deliver to

Residing at,
The following automobile with specified terms of sale:

Year, Make, Model,
VIN

Seller has received payment in the amount of dollars US ( USD)
Form of payment is wire transfer

This vehicle is sold AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS. Seller expressly disclaims all
warranties, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of

merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Seller will not assume any liability in connection with the sale of this vehicle.

Seller's disclaimer of warranties contained in this bill of sale does not affect, in any manner, third parties that may be applicable to this
vehicle.

I, referred to as buyer, , have read, and fully understood the
terms of the sale, and have agreed to all terms of the sale with additional terms of sale specified here:
Vehicle will be delivered to,

This contract becomes effective at delivery to storage facility.
Buyer may or may not have elected additional insurance to cover vehicle while stored at this location awaiting transport.
Seller’s insurance policy on vehicle ends upon delivery and receipt of vehicle at storage location.

Seller Signature: ______________________ Date:______________________

Buyer Signature: _______________________ Date: _____________________
Old 02-07-2009, 05:55 PM
obersturm
Instructor

Hi mate,

so if you have a copy of the title and not the actual thing that is enough to get it through customs?
Is there cost involved to put the title in my name before exporting the car or is this impossible for non americans without a green card?
Can I drive the car for the 10 day duration of my stay under the sellers insurance if he agrees to that and does he need to nominate me as a designated driver in case I have a bingle or the car gets stolen?

Thanks and best regards

Martin
Old 02-08-2009, 03:14 AM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Hey Martin,

You must receive the original title of ownership "pink slip" it must be in the State of Issuance of title on the State's water marked form. You can also contact the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to verify ownership. You can also inquire as to the proper transfer out of country and also check with your country's procedures.

If he can not provide a Pink Slip, run don't walk from the transaction.

my 2 cents
Old 02-08-2009, 04:31 AM
obersturm
Instructor

Hi Draco,

ok, will ask about the pink slip. Is that diffrent from the actual title? The one I saw is blue in colour and is issued by the City and County of Honolulu....

Thanks and best regards

Martin
Old 02-08-2009, 09:23 AM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Hi Martin, Draco is referring to (pink slip) the official bit of paper for a state in which the car is registered. In California for many years the title was pink in color, now it seems to be in a rainbow of colors.........like San Francisco.
For instance, my car has a registration that is required by law to be in the car. The title to that same car is kept at home or bank box and " that is the important piece". The owner must sign off on the title which releases their ownership. If you want to feel real comfortable make arrangements to do this at the Department of Motor Vehicles Hawaii or Automobile Club of America (AAA). Mike

I miss Midnight Oil but still have INXS
Old 02-08-2009, 09:53 AM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

the only thing you need is what's required by your place of residence to register an import.

some countries don't give a **** about the title, or even have titles to begin with. It's the native exporter in the US that's gonna care about the title.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:31 PM
obersturm
Instructor

Hi J,

you are right. We don't have titles down here.
I was more concearned about getting it out of the USA. I have no clue as to what paperwork is vital to pass customs.
I am in contact with several shippers, but was hoping I could save some $$$ by packing the car with the people who did the PPI in Honolulu (thanks Gerard for offering to help).

Best regards

Martin
Old 02-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Giovanni
Race Car

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I exported a few cars from Miami to the Caribbean. Complete the back part of the title, get a bill of sale, complete the custom paperwork at the shipping agency and you are done. But that was 10 years ago. And Hawai maybe a little different.

Quick Reply: 911 Contract of sale for over seas buyer?