Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Russel Berry

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 09:32 PM
mnmasotto
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Russel Berry

Has anyone heard from Russel Berry? I sent him my MAF several months ago and have not heard from him since! I have sent him many emails and left many phone messages but no reply.
Mark
Old 01-24-2009, 09:44 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,101 Likes on 786 Posts

wasn't he the guy that was doing the chips ? I remember him closing up shop because he didn't even sell one. he was selling off hic car too I think.

Sorry about your loss .
Old 01-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Mark, he was moving back to Boston or something like that last time I talked to him. I love his chip.

I see you even left a message on his website. Not good. Hope he is OK.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:50 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mnmasotto
Has anyone heard from Russel Berry? I sent him my MAF several months ago and have not heard from him since! I have sent him many emails and left many phone messages but no reply.
Mark
Hey Mark,

I've sent you several emails, but it seems you haven't received them. Please call me at 518-210-2355 at your convenience.

Regards,
Russell
Old 02-10-2009, 02:10 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by theiceman
wasn't he the guy that was doing the chips ? I remember him closing up shop because he didn't even sell one. he was selling off hic car too I think.

Sorry about your loss .
No, I never closed up shop, and have no idea why you would think or say that. But just to set the story straight, here's the real deal...

I didn't just pop on here out of no where and decide to do 911 chips. I developed chips for the 944NA/S/S2/951 cars for the past three years. Lindsey Racing, a site sponser and globally recognized Porsche performance shop evaluated my products early on, and decided to drop their old chips and carry mine. They still carry my producs. My products are also sold by Paragon and Pelican, as well as many private shops across the country.

I went on to develop the Maxtune software to do live tuning on these cars. No one else had ever developed such a system for these cars. It gives near stand alone control using the original Bosch Motronic computre.

As a natural progression, I bought a 3.2L 911 to develop products for that. I spent over 20K of my own money and developed chip products, and a MAF kit for this series. I sell these chips for less than other vendors, as I always do, and introduced them here for even less on a 30 day promotion. And after all my efforts, on here I was met with ridicule for being an "unknown quantity", as if I am some kid with an eprom programmer copying somebody else's work. I was even openly accused of this by another vendor. I even gave away chips, and the people that received them came here and gave their testimonials, even people who had another vendor's products and praised mine above theirs, still to no avail.

Fact is I've been in the computer industry for over 25 years. In 2004 I got into racing my 951. I tried every chip on the market at the time, and none did everything I wanted it to do, so I decided to pair my electronics, computer, and mechanical abilities and create my own chip. At the time I had no intention of marketing this, I just wanted the best performance I could get. About a year later after giving chips to a few friends they begged me to marke the product because it was simply the best they had experienced. The rest is well known history, and there are over 700 cars out there with my chips in them.

So, I did indeed sell the car because I had no further use for it. I was going to go foward and develop a turbo kit for these cars, but since the chips did not sell, I could not justify spending more time and money for an non-responsive community. I am very sorry things turned out that way, but they did. So I moved on.

I will never close up shop, and I will always be developing chips and tuning products for the Porsche community. Now I'm working on 968 and 928 series, as well as several 3 and 5 series BMW cars.

I recently experienced some health issues, I have a hernia that needs surgery. This put me out of commission for a bit, and while that was going on I lost my home in MA. I just moved back to NY and for the past several weeks everything I own was in boxes in two states. Now I have everything here, I have a new home, and am getting back on my feet, as I always do.

Douglas, Mark, and others in this community who have supported and pomoted my efforts, to you I am very greatful and appreciate all that you have done. To the rest, I hope eventually you will realize there is more than one vendor and get to experience the performance your cars were designed to give you. I suppose I should have done a better job of introducing myself and my products initially. But I admit, I'm a geek and not much of a PR person. I do what I do, I do it for the community, and I will continue to do so.

Regards,
Russell
Old 02-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Russ it must be some sort of social disorder that the guys here are suffering from. I love your chip, and as promised it does everything I asked for it to do. I think you are faced with another vendor who is well liked, who's product delivers, and who beat you to market. I see your product mentioned in signatures all over the RLOT. It is beyond me why you didn't sell more here. Perhaps guys think as I do, that if it has a water pump it isn't a real Porsche, so the 700 water pump cars with your chip don't count. Who knows? Glad to see you are alive and on the road to recovery. Take care,
Old 02-10-2009, 04:49 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by douglas bray
Russ it must be some sort of social disorder that the guys here are suffering from. I love your chip, and as promised it does everything I asked for it to do. I think you are faced with another vendor who is well liked, who's product delivers, and who beat you to market. I see your product mentioned in signatures all over the RLOT. It is beyond me why you didn't sell more here. Perhaps guys think as I do, that if it has a water pump it isn't a real Porsche, so the 700 water pump cars with your chip don't count. Who knows? Glad to see you are alive and on the road to recovery. Take care,
Hey Douglas,

Good to hear from you again! You have two cars now? When did this happen?

I don't think there's anything wrong with anyone here, maybe my presentation of the productt was off. Who knows. It's not something I'm going to lose any sleep over, it is what it is. Like I said, eventually more people will try them and see the results for themselves.

I really enjoyed my 911, and the fellow I sold it to did what I always wanted to do with her, below is a picture of what she looks like now, amazing to me. A truly beautiful car. The new owner also loves the chip, he has owned many 911s and states he has never enjoyed driving any of them as much as this one. But since every car is a little different, and this was my own personal development car, he probably has the best tunedd 3.2L on the planet.

Regards,
Russell
Attached Images  
Old 02-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Russ the car looks great. No, I only have one. The other belongs to a fellow Rennlister that wants to remain unknown. Back to your car.....I love the new front end. As much as I love the slants, I like the stock Carrera front end and the guills on the back. Even the color looks good on it.

Maybe you could get that "Sham-wow" guy to sell your chips???
Old 02-10-2009, 05:30 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by douglas bray

Maybe you could get that "Sham-wow" guy to sell your chips???
BILLY MAYS!!! I don't think I can afford him, ever since his Orange Clean days he's commanding top dollar for his services. I was thinking more along the lines of the Extenze girl.... Even if no chips sell, it would be an ego booster!
Attached Images  

Last edited by rberry951; 02-10-2009 at 05:44 PM. Reason: added picture
Old 02-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

".....cause you know the Germans always make good stuff"
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Russel Berry