Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Rennlist Bull

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 02:14 AM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rennlist Bull

WTF? I guess the 911 guys are not as important to Rennlist if we get our "for sale" section locked...while the 964 "for sale" section has lived on for 100 pages. Super Moderator Mr. gregory that locked ours here even posted in the other one stating you had to be a member to post or it would be deleated.

So Mr super de duper moderator...mr gregory?.....why the edit did you close this one only?

edit by BR Language
Old 12-20-2008, 02:25 AM
TT Oversteer
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Uh Oh!

Old 12-20-2008, 02:29 AM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

lmao, you know I am really not so angry because we lost the one here...there has always been a for sale section for "everyone" to use. But for as many for sale threads that there are in each section...and the 911 one is the only one locked?

It is just the idea that has me upset.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:07 AM
LaughaC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This air-cooled list seems to be where some old money lives. They tend to like enforcing little rules that **** off younger creative thinkers.

I agree with you, but think about editing your post to avoid giving them an excuse to kick you.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:22 AM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah...I would quickly change some not so nice words before the hand of god strikes you down.
Also, you might want to handle this with private messages first...and this tell us what happened.
good luck
abe
Old 12-20-2008, 08:01 AM
DL Lawrence
Instructor

Dude.

Turn your computer off for a few weeks. Work on your car.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:25 AM
MDL
Racer

Time for some reflection here.

It's the Christmas season

You are fortunate enough to own a Porsche

You live in the greatest country on earth

And your upset about a thread on Rennlist???

SNAP OUT OF IT MAN. Life ain't fair and it never will be. C'mon.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:22 AM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

For the record I did report the moderators post. I used the one from another section...asking why out of the many threads, ours is the one to get locked. Ill say again...having the thread locked is not what makes me angry. Locking only this one out of the many that are on almost all the sections, makes me question what is going on.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Michael, I edited out the language in your post. I believe the reason the thread was closed by Bill was given in the post by Dave911.

To make things easier, I created a new forum called Rennlist Posting Guidelines - see announcement at the top of the forum.

As a member you can post a for sale item. No problem. Users cannot post ads or wants to buys/trade. The thread Bill closed was being used by Users. Rather then edit or delete individual posts, he simply closed the thread. If you didn't know, all the mods including me are unpaid volunteers - we do this because we love this community. Please, help reduce our workload, OK?

Best,
Old 12-20-2008, 10:38 AM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Sorry Bob, I am not accepting your excuse for Bill. Bill locked the 911 thread and not the 964 thread because Bill owns a 964.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by flatsixnut
Sorry Bob, I am not accepting your excuse for Bill. Bill locked the 911 thread and not the 964 thread because Bill owns a 964.
If you take the time to look at the 964 thread, (I did) it seems to me that the posts are all by Members. Might that be the difference?

One other thing has changed, if you look at the Guidelines, any mod can apply corrections in any forum. In practical terms it means that violations will be caught more promptly than when mods were restrained to one or two forums.

The goal is the put RL back to the way it was when it was smaller and John and Jen had time to be all over it.

Regards,

Best,
Old 12-20-2008, 10:55 AM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Sorry again Bob. But I did take the time to read thru the other thread...and there is no difference.
I take that back...there were tons of non members posting in that thread. I also found it funny that there were other moderators posting for sale items in there.

On another note...I have been a member here long enough to realize that rules are not evenly enforced across the board. Meaning, the same rules do not apply to everyone no matter a persons membership status.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Michael,

I can't carry on an endless debate. The ads you saw from non members go waaaay back. It is my understanding that they subsequently became members. Look at the more recent pages. Is it possible that Bill got fed up with having the delete ads by users? If the thread in 964 is not being abused, the mods leave it alone. Perhaps you should PM Marc Shaw who is the lead guy on the 964 forum, and Bill himself if you have questions?

Regards,
Old 12-20-2008, 11:18 AM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

I did contact them.

Thank you for proving my point.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:52 AM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Michael, I edited out the language in your post. I believe the reason the thread was closed by Bill was given in the post by Dave911.
Actually, it's 911Dave, but thanks for the reference

Quick Reply: Rennlist Bull