Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Rennlist Bull

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 10:33 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RustyCage
I usually don't do anything like this or get that upset, but this really pissed me off... At risk of being banned or flamed, I feel this needs to be addressed. I can't believe that one member who was acting like a spoiled child who didn't get his way; with his incessant bitching, has actually affected the 964 forsale/trade forum. Whomever said life was fair? Are you by chance an only child? Because you do not play well with others. Why don't you just take your ball and go home.

Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us!

BTW, I was just saying what others were thinking.
I am not sure where you get off writing such a thread considering you have 1 post on Rennlist. If you did your own homework, you would realize that this thread was in response to another thread on the 911 forum. It was a "for sale/trade" thread started by a non member which is against the rules. The point of this thread was to say why are posters in other forums like the 964 forum allowed to get away with it while those in the 911 forum are not. It was about moderators following the rules on the site as a whole, not an us against them. We are not at was with the 964 folks. We are all Porsche enthusiasts here and we all want to get the most out of these forums equally.

If you have been benefitting by breaking the rules and you are proud of yourself for that, then you should check yourself before you go and crticize others. In addition, I highly doubt paying members really care too much if non-paying members have been removed based on breaking the rules. Sounds like sour grapes to me my friend.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:18 AM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by justinsrx7
I am not sure where you get off writing such a thread considering you have 1 post on Rennlist. If you did your own homework, you would realize that this thread was in response to another thread on the 911 forum. It was a "for sale/trade" thread started by a non member which is against the rules. The point of this thread was to say why are posters in other forums like the 964 forum allowed to get away with it while those in the 911 forum are not. It was about moderators following the rules on the site as a whole, not an us against them. We are not at was with the 964 folks. We are all Porsche enthusiasts here and we all want to get the most out of these forums equally.

If you have been benefitting by breaking the rules and you are proud of yourself for that, then you should check yourself before you go and crticize others. In addition, I highly doubt paying members really care too much if non-paying members have been removed based on breaking the rules. Sounds like sour grapes to me my friend.

Justin...I believe that what he meant was, he is a member, and a 964 owner. He was pissed at me, so he made another rennlist account just to flame me so he would not get banned.

This is the difference between men and boys. A man will stand up for himself and what he believes without hiding behind a false mask.

I say quit crying...your precious forsale thread in your section has not been affected...its not locked.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:57 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Six nut,would it make you happy if I locked the 964 thread?
Old 12-23-2008, 01:01 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,107 Likes on 792 Posts

Hey Bob how about you lock this one? I grow weary of this playschool stuff !!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:13 AM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

There seems to be quite a bit of drama on Rennlist these days. I think the economy has gotten everyone down, and these forums are a way to release some of the pressure. Perhaps we have all lost sight of what we really like about Rennlist and our P-car hobby.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:14 AM
LaughaC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I give the moderators high marks for letting this thread go this far. Everyone expressed their opinion and this topic has played itself out based on the technical constraints.

Do we want a For Sale thread in this air-cooled area? Yes.

Should a moderator have to spend a bunch of time removing non-member posts daily? No.

If the Admins think of a solution they can let us know. Maybe a WTB thread would work. I don't know but it's good to see that everyone wants to help.

Happy Holidays, and I'll shut up now.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:15 AM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau

No!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:15 AM
jakeflyer
Pro

oh Boy, uh, Merry Christmas anyone?? A peaceful new year?

Maybe, many here are too young to ever have owned a car (Brit) with a Lucas electric system. In those days we had so many electric problems the rest of life looked rosy. We used to have to write letters to order parts and wait for the mail man to bring them. Payment was by check. Sport car guys waved at each other, except XK150 owners.
Communication was by wire, letter, or telephone. It was unusual to phone someone and not be able to talk to them.
Interesting to watch the evolution.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:10 AM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Jake,

What is this 'check', 'letter', or 'wire' you speak of? Would it not have been simpler to just email to get the parts flown over night and pay by visa?

-matt
Old 12-23-2008, 02:25 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theiceman
Hey Bob how about you lock this one? I grow weary of this playschool stuff !!
Come one Ice, we all like to bitch if something annoys us. I know I do

It's like watching a TV show every week and then complaining about the content.........................Just don't watch it.

This thread shouldn't be locked, anyone who is interested should be able to read it and make comment. That's what makes this forum great. That's my opinion and I thank Rennlist for providing the medium that allows me to voice it.

Now what was this about again???

Happy and SAFE holidays to all those on here
Old 12-23-2008, 07:39 AM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RustyCage
... I can't believe that one member who was acting like a spoiled child who didn't get his way; with his incessant bitching, has actually affected the 964 forsale/trade forum.
That's not it man, it' about paying money to a forum and having a certain expectation of, a least some sort of equality.
The bigger rennlist gets, the worse it is.
So what if it's a little amount of money, that isn't the point either.

I hope you are a mod that was scared to say it for real.

And yes, I'm confident plenty of people are going to take their ball and go home
Old 12-23-2008, 03:44 PM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by flatsixnut
No!
But leaving it open annoys the hell out of him!
Old 12-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Has anyone considered opening a for sale thread but making sure only Members post want to buy or for sale ads?
Old 12-23-2008, 04:33 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Has anyone considered opening a for sale thread but making sure only Members post want to buy or for sale ads?
What a novel idea Bob. Actually, doesn't that thread already exist or was it shut down alltogether. That thread was the reason this thread is here. How do we stop non-memebers from posting, or will you just be there to remove those posts for us when they show up?
Old 12-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

justin, the thread was closed because too many non members wewre posting to it and I guess the mod got tired of deleting the unauthorized posts. Perhaps folks will understand that ads are a privilege reserved for paying members? I'd be happy to sticky a notice to that effect if anyone wants to revive the thread.

best,

Quick Reply: Rennlist Bull