Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Rennlist Bull

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 01:32 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Boy, I am just happy I can find a place like this to help me with my 911 problems. It took me years to figure out what was wrong with the 280sl before a forum like this came up. Now I have a 73 bmw 3.0csi...not too many and not too much activity in that forum. Thats when you really appreciate active forums like this.
abe
Old 12-20-2008, 01:38 PM
997for40
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 abe, as a fairly new member and a long time p-car owner, I'm glad there's a board like this to go to when I have problems with my car instead of going to my mechanic. I can afford to pay him to do the work but the satisfaction of fixing the problem myself and with the help of guys on here is priceless..
Old 12-20-2008, 02:58 PM
UberXY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by abe
Boy, I am just happy I can find a place like this to help me with my 911 problems. It took me years to figure out what was wrong with the 280sl before a forum like this came up. Now I have a 73 bmw 3.0csi...not too many and not too much activity in that forum. Thats when you really appreciate active forums like this.
abe
Just curious, did you buy your csi on ebay in the last few months?

Ub
Old 12-20-2008, 04:06 PM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
If you take the time to look at the 964 thread, (I did) it seems to me that the posts are all by Members. Might that be the difference?
I agree with Michael.

Non member posts on the 964 thread on 19Dec, 18Dec, 6Dec, 7Nov, 8Nov, 26Oct. And I only had a look at the last 5 days.
Before and after the 911 For sale thread was started and closed.

Wouldn't it be easier just to let members only to post and delete all others?

From the outside looking in seems fairness and equality does not come into play across the board......................maybe...........nepatism?????
Old 12-20-2008, 04:15 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

No, UB...I bought from someone in Colorado the deals with coupes. If you ever go through him all I can tell you like everything else check it out yourself. Unfortunately he is out in the mountains away from Denver...difficult access for you and getting a PPI. That said, the most important thing is a rust free car and that is difficult to find. If you get a CSI they all come from europe make sure it was an Italian delivery and it ended up in the SWest..dry climates. Its very difficult to find a restored one...most people don't restore them because it costs too much and this is a car you will never get back your restoration costs. Also, not many buyers out there. Check out a site called e9coupe.com , it is very informative. If you want to restore there is group in whilminton, Ca called Coupeking..the nice thing is that they have many parts and saves you the time and grief of looking for things. I wanted to do the restoration myself...but overwhelmed at the lack of parts for these cars.
Be free to pm if you have any questions.
abe
Old 12-20-2008, 05:10 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by psychoideas
I agree with Michael.

Non member posts on the 964 thread on 19Dec, 18Dec, 6Dec, 7Nov, 8Nov, 26Oct. And I only had a look at the last 5 days.
Before and after the 911 For sale thread was started and closed.

Wouldn't it be easier just to let members only to post and delete all others?

From the outside looking in seems fairness and equality does not come into play across the board......................maybe...........nepatism?????
Hmmm, you may have something here. There are some members here that are so **** about specific posts and act as if they own the thread. I get the sense that some of these people are well connected with the system administrators.

BTW, I totally agree that if you want to eliminate posts from non-members, don't enable them post. A non-member has no ties to Rennlist so if they are able to post, they have nothing to lose by posting.

Rules are like the law. If you only sometimes enforce them, people will not obey them after a while. Either enforce them across the board or lighten up.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:17 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

abe...I have never been a BMW fan but I will admit that the '70s CSIs are definitely a car I would like to own. I have a few friends that own one along side an air/oil cooled 911.

As posted by some of you here...I find myself very lucky to have forums such as rennlist/Pelican to help me along in my 911 woes. these places are priceless in the information that is freely given by its members. We are very lucky to have experts like Steve and Pete, along with the countless 911 fanatics new and old.

I was a lurker for along time before I became an actual member, and then even a bit longer before I became a paying member. My post count is pretty low for someone that has been here for as long as I have, but I had plenty of information that was available to me to read and learn from. I also always reccomend these forums to new and old Porsche owners that I meet or know. there are tons of people that really have no clue of how much great info can be had from forums such as these.

That being said...

I will again state that I was not so much angered by a thread being locked/dealeated, as I was at the actual reason why it was. I have always been fine with the rules and accepeted the section specifically dedicated to items "For Sale". I am only more angered now because of the weak responces I was given by the chosen ones, here and in PMs. Reminds me so much of the excuses we so often hear from our government.

I will also say that the amount of positive responces I recieved via PMs agreeing with me, made me feel less like a cry baby that I thought I was coming across as. Thank you to those who pm'd me.

Cheers...
Old 12-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I frequent the 964 board (owning one myself) and can attest I keep a close eye on that "For Sale" thread and weed out any posts from non-Members.

If any posts from non-Members appear in that thread now, all I can say is that they were members when they posted in that thread (come on - that thread is over 3 year old!).

According to the new guideline's posted by Bob, it is not against RL policy for members to post for sale items outside of the "For Sale" forum, to a maximum of 3 threads/month (and that restriction of 3 threads/month does not apply to the "For Sale" forum only).

I suspect that Bill closed the thread given all the for sale posts by non-members. It takes a lot of time to weed out all the people who constantly ignore the rules - one of the reasons Bob has reposted the rules in an easy to find place - the "I didn't know" excuse gets old really fast.

Sorry if you feel the rules are applied differently but instead of whining, why not just hit the "Report Post" button to flag any post that violates the rules so one of the Mods can remove/edit it. It takes hours every day to comb the forums for posts/threads that violate the rules and yes, some get missed!

Marc
Old 12-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by psychoideas
Non member posts on the 964 thread on 19Dec, 18Dec, 6Dec, 7Nov, 8Nov, 26Oct
Thanks for pointing those out - they have all been removed.

Marc
ps.s This is not a paid position and I am not related to either John or anyone at IB and I have a wife/son/job/life too and can't live on RL combing through the posts so some get missed.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:58 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Thanks for taking the time for clearing that all up Marc.
But again, you have only supported our points by admitting that the thread here on the 911 section was closed for the wrong reason.

You said that it was closed by Bill because it had "non" members posting something for sale. The majority of the posters in our 3 day old thread were
members. "If" the moderators had given equal consideration to our thread, they would have only deleated the non-members posting for sale items...NOT LOCKING THE ENTIRE THREAD!
Old 12-20-2008, 09:22 PM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

flat, you've probably read enough rennlist over the years to realize that it's never been equal across the boards.
There are other cool places around not owned by IB.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:02 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,107 Likes on 792 Posts

Flat ... let it go man ... you made your point .. move on ...
Old 12-22-2008, 03:29 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 232 Posts

I guess I should check into this "Member" position. I honestly didn't know it was an option.

I've never even seen the Administrator or a Super Moderator.

And I've always wanted to own a 964. So many great cars and so little time.

OK, , (sorry)
Old 12-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Vintage - to become a member you can click on the "membership" tab at the top of any page. Members get the right to post ads, have increased Private Mail privileges, phot storage (galleries), email with a rennlist domain and access to member only forums.

Best,
Old 12-22-2008, 10:15 PM
RustyCage
2nd Gear

I usually don't do anything like this or get that upset, but this really pissed me off... At risk of being banned or flamed, I feel this needs to be addressed. I can't believe that one member who was acting like a spoiled child who didn't get his way; with his incessant bitching, has actually affected the 964 forsale/trade forum. Whomever said life was fair? Are you by chance an only child? Because you do not play well with others. Why don't you just take your ball and go home.

Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us!

BTW, I was just saying what others were thinking.

Quick Reply: Rennlist Bull