Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

BEWARE OF JOE AT GERMAN AUTO DISMANTLER

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Grandpa#3
Three Wheelin'

Location: Hawkinsville / Perry, Georgia, RETIRED USAF GO BLUE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Gents, I can consider myself very lucky in buying used and new parts form people on here and Pelican Parts. I have been pleased with all that I have bought from our forum members and their honesty. A few sellers must believe their used parts are solid gold, what with the price asked for them. There are two sellers here in Georgia I have been warned about never to have any dealings with, One is with the seller this posting started out about. I'm 71 and over the years have seen bad businesses change their name like they would a dirty pair of shorts and start over, but retain the same old practice of dishonesty. Let us hope that with a new name things will change for the better.

Cheers,
Larry
Old 04-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Porsche Doc
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down Ha....Yeah Joe is a real peice of work!

Ha....Yeah Joe is a real peice of work!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Mosborn78108
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read the posts on this topic. I've used PP often and have been very pleased with the selection and service received. I see no reason why Wayme should pay for a lawyer for a fight that is not his.

As for his money and 959, OK, he's a successful businessman, so why slam him? My thoughts are CONGRATULATIONS!

As for PAP Parts, I've not used them
Old 04-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Archilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mosborn78108
I've read the posts on this topic. I've used PP often and have been very pleased with the selection and service received.
I don't think there is any disagreement with this statement in any of the posts on this thread. PP is a great business to work with. Some people here were disappointed that Wayne squelched the discussion of Joe/GAPDI/PAP on his forum, but you are correct that it is his decision to do so. I don't believe anyone here ever said that PP or Wayne were not good business, they were just frustrated that they did not have a place to express their anger over being ripped off by Joe.

Anyway, this discussion should not be distracted by the PP forum policies or Wayne's desire to stay far away from this topic.

The simple fact is that Joe is bad news, and has renamed his business to try and outrun his bad reputation. We owe it to ourselves and to our P-car friends to warn everyone we know about this, and to also steer people to good, reputable businesses, of which there are many.

-R

Last edited by Robb M.; 01-24-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:45 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

All,

Please note Joe's has started another new business called E-Pull It Auto Parts.
E-Pull It Auto Parts
4404 New Bridge Rd.
Cleveland, GA. 30528

Didn't even bother to change the address. Stay way for this man he's bad news.

M
Old 11-16-2011, 06:46 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I guess that's the best way not to get screwed. Pull your own part.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:43 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 812 Posts

damn .. he got another
Old 01-10-2012, 07:01 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

I have never had any issues with Joe or buying parts from his business, whether it was GAD, PAP or whatever. The last email I received did not come form E-pull it, but I don't recall the name that was mentioned. I called Joe to verify it was him.

I've also heard his side of some of the stories on this and another forum. He's been in business for a long time and has employed people, taught them the business, and yes he has made some money, but don't we all have a responsibility to make a living? Just saying because there are always two sides to every story and no one who has been in business for a long period of time has kept every customer happy. He may have changed the name this time because the forum conversations ruined his business. I don't know that, but it would not surprise me. Most any Porsche owners looking for used parts reads Rennlist and at least one other major P-car forum.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Archilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archilla
I don't think there is any disagreement with this statement in any of the posts on this thread. PP is a great business to work with. Some people here were disappointed that Wayne squelched the discussion of Joe/GAPDI/PAP on his forum, but you are correct that it is his decision to do so. I don't believe anyone here ever said that PP or Wayne were not good business, they were just frustrated that they did not have a place to express their anger over being ripped off by Joe.

Anyway, this discussion should not be distracted by the PP forum policies or Wayne's desire to stay far away from this topic.

The simple fact is that Joe is bad news, and has renamed his business to try and outrun his bad reputation. We owe it to ourselves and to our P-car friends to warn everyone we know about this, and to also steer people to good, reputable businesses, of which there are many.

-R

Last edited by Robb M.; 12-29-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Seriously Robb, you edited an 8 month old post to remove Joe's last name from the text? If that was the only purpose, notice that you missed one; is still in one line of the edited post. Might I ask why the sudden interest in "cleaning up" this old thread?

Last edited by Robb M.; 01-24-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:04 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

wow must be a slow day ...
Old 01-23-2012, 07:27 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

wow must be a slow day ...
Old 02-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Archilla
Rennlist Member

Some things never change. Apparently Joe and Virginia C@gbill finally became concerned about things being said about them online earlier this year, probably of no coincidence at all that this happened shortly after they started E Pull It. In January it seems they contacted IB complaining about personal attacks on them, which resulted in some post editing, probably on other forums as well since IB handles a lot of them. Around this same time, I actually got a phone call from Joe directly; during the conversation he acted as if he didn't know anything about my case (simply ridiculous considering I have signed letters from him back to 2007 referring to my issue with him), and when I did remind him of what happened, he blamed it on a past employee that "caused him a lot of problems." He asked what he could do to close the issue, and I explained very simply that if I get my $500 back, that would fix things. He claimed he would try to make an agreement with a business in my area to give me credit for parts and that he would call me back in a few days to follow up. Of no surprise at all, I never heard anything back.

If I ever hear back from him and I see my money again, I'll be the first to come back here and say that he made things right. But I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Thankfully the Better Business Bureau has finally stitched together the trail of businesses names and bad practices that have followed Joe and Virginia as they try to escape angry customers by closing one business and starting another. Here is an excerpt from the Atlanta BBB site that says is pretty clearly:

On January 10, 2012, we received documentation from Joseph Cogbill, indicating German Auto Dismantlers has been closed since November 13, 2010. He also indicates complaints against German Auto Dismantlers cannot be resolved since the corporation has been closed and there are no assets or inventory remaining. German Auto Dismantlers sold used Porsche Parts.
Mr. Cogbill indicates in 2011 he started a new business Stuttgart Classic Parts which sold New Porsche parts only. This business has closed as well. The company sold the Stuttgart Classic parts website and all new parts inventory to a company by the name of Einmailig on December 28, 2011. Any complaints relating to Stuttgart Classic Parts cannot be resolved since the assets are gone and the business has been terminated. Consumers logging on to the website stuttgartclassicparts.com are redirected to the website for the following company.
Einmalig
5455 Production Drive
Huntington Beach, CA. 92649

The report for Einmalig is issued by BBB of Colton California. A copy of their report can be viewed by clicking the link below.
http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...h-CA-100105216

As of January 1, 2012, Mr. Cogbill is currently listed as President of E Pullit Auto Parts. BBB Atlanta issues a separate report for this business which can be viewed by clicking the following link.

http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-...=1&gen=1&lid=1

According to information in the BBB files, it appears that the company is no longer in business. Directory assistance does not have a listing for this company. The BBB's mail to this company has been returned as undeliverable. If you have an unresolved dispute with this company you may wish to seek legal advice.

I'm not badmouthing the C@gbills, I'm just stating the facts of my experience, and apparently (according to the BBB and various other posts here and on other forums) the experiences of others as well. Stay clear, and warn others.

@smshirk...
"don't we all have a responsibility to make a living?" No, not if it involves stealing. I can't speak for others, but he knowingly has my money and I have nothing to show for it. That is a crime, plain and simple. I would have no problem demonstrating the facts of my case in court, but it is simply not worth the time and expense for the amount of money in question. I have no idea if Joe is a good guy personally or not, but his business practices are corrupt.

If Joe and Virginia want people to stop saying bad things about them online, perhaps they should just stop the criminal activity.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 223 Posts

Joe is a POS. Period.
After he verbally abused me on the phone, he never sent me the purchased bumper cover and of course never issued a refund. My blood pressure told me to let it go.
Human garbage like Joe Cogbill get what they deserve in the long run.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:11 AM
IRT Dave
3rd Gear

Thumbs down Joe and Mike at Stutguart/german auto dismantlers..

I bought an engine from them a few months back , drove to pick it up (400mi round trip) after getting it home and installing it a few weeks later "just had a back fusion" the eng turned out to be total junk (Core Eng) tried to return it and met the ***** you call joe.
Turned into a total jerk on the phone and refused to return my $$ but offered to repair it insted so i said yes if it was proven what was fixed, then he said NO!
so we have court comming up so with all the proof of his shady dealings we'll see him in court...
To see the the vid go to Youtube and search Extremetruckerdave

Dave
Old 06-04-2012, 03:25 PM
racerbvd
Banned

Received 265 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche Doc
Ha....Yeah Joe is a real peice of work!
He is a piece all right, but I wouldn't use work as what he is a piece off,,

Quick Reply: BEWARE OF JOE AT GERMAN AUTO DISMANTLER