Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

BEWARE OF JOE AT GERMAN AUTO DISMANTLER

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 02:23 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RB, I'm not really trying to chip in on you, sorry if I gave that impression.

I'm suggesting that we try to keep things on a positive note, that's all.

Let's just try to make this a great forum. I say entertainment is good, not always tech.

To pull that off we should check our personal stuff at the door. That is my larger point. I hope you contribute positively to Renn.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:45 PM
The Race Line
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow I was surprised to see this come back up. I am sorry for your friends bad luck. I realize that the Porsche community gets new members all the time so perhaps this was a good feed to bring back to the forefront.

Please feel free to contact me if you think that it would help, as I never did get paid back, even after flying to Georgia and getting a favorable judgement in court.

Erik Johnson
(303) 895-4828 cell
Old 11-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

I apologize on this.....sort of. I thought this was the thread on the mobile mechanic in SoCal. This guy on this thread does have some reputation, so it is different.

However, it does look silly to have someone "pile on" with their first post. IMO, it always looks a bit fishy, and actually takes away from the validity of a claim, IMO.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:39 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 812 Posts

obviously death star dude is spreading ill will .. lets just move on .. anyone who wants to find info can use the search function , we don't need to be bringing this stuff from the dead ..

just my .02c
Old 11-15-2010, 06:56 PM
beentherebaby
Racer

Actually when there are unscrupulous businesses out there, it's not a bad idea IMO to update these threads periodically.

I for one would not normally search this forum or others looking to find out that a Porsche specific vendor was dishonest. I've known of PAP for years and did not know these issues existed so I could have been duped had I attempted to purchase from them or Joe. To me and I suspect other folks who may not have been on this forum for years like some of you, this information is a service.

Last edited by Robb M.; 12-29-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dstar5000
A friend of mine recently .......
Dude, it's a freakin' junk yard. Expect the worst and don't buy what is not right in front of your face. I only had to get burned once to learn.

It happened for me in San Francisco in the early '70's. I yelled out "Grandma, that guys wearing a dress." Found out that some folks are different. In this case people that sell junk, are junk.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 223 Posts

I just posted in the Racing/DE forum about these *** clowns as well.

I've been lied to from the beginning by Joe at German Auto Dismantlers and now I'm out 600 bucks and with parts I didn't want.

I just looked up their BBB rating and it is an "F." I wish I had checked it before I bought from those scumbags.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:13 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Dave,

I've just called the FBI concerning GAD and I've got a case against them with my credit card. He's in business again this time with new parts. We've got to keep this thread alive to prevent the community from suffering the same loss as the rest of us.

Mike
Old 04-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by morsini
Dave,

I've just called the FBI concerning GAD and I've got a case against them with my credit card. He's in business again this time with new parts. We've got to keep this thread alive to prevent the community from suffering the same loss as the rest of us.

Mike
Sorry you got suckered in too Mike. I've given up with those dirtbags.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:53 AM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Just to let you all know, Joe changed the name of his company and it's now Stuttgart Classic Parts. Same adress. The nerve of this guy.

Stuttgart Classic Parts

4404 New Bridge Rd.
Cleveland, GA. 30528
US
Get Directions

Phone: 866.356.2996

Email: sales@gapdi.com
Old 04-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Archilla
Rennlist Member

Yes. Do everyone a favor and spread the word.

This seems like nothing more than a sneaky way of trying to avoid the bad BBB rating and crappy reputation that German Auto Dismantlers had. Joe probably should have gotten a PO box and changed up his phone number and email so that it would not have been so obvious that he is just re-skinning the same old operation.

Anyway, buyer beware.

-R
Old 04-20-2011, 02:29 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Dude, it's a freakin' junk yard. Expect the worst and don't buy what is not right in front of your face. I only had to get burned once to learn.

It happened for me in San Francisco in the early '70's. I yelled out "Grandma, that guys wearing a dress." Found out that some folks are different. In this case people that sell junk, are junk.

That's hilarious!!

This guy might very well be bad news, but caveat emptor anytime you're looking at old parts. I've eventually been disappointed by all of the name companies sooner or later.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Archilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rusnak
caveat emptor anytime you're looking at old parts.
Of course that is generally good advice, however the problem in the case of Joe & German Auto Dismantlers is not simply one of a disagreement about the condition of used parts. The most troubling problems (like mine and others that have been referred to here) are those where the money is in Joe's hands, and the customer has nothing to show for it at all (other than an infuriating experience). That is theft, plain and simple, and is not a matter of a difference of opinion about the condition of an old part.

Joe's business practices would be criminal even if he were selling new parts.

Caveat emptor is not a strong enough warning in this case.

-R

Last edited by Robb M.; 12-29-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:46 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by morsini
Just to let you all know, Joe changed the name of his company and it's now Stuttgart Classic Parts. Same adress. The nerve of this guy.

Stuttgart Classic Parts

4404 New Bridge Rd.
Cleveland, GA. 30528
US
Get Directions

Phone: 866.356.2996

Email: sales@gapdi.com
Why do I not find that surprising......bad news, this guy. Some frikin' nerve...

Doyle
Old 04-24-2011, 07:13 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

Will the Stuttgart legal department sue?

Quick Reply: BEWARE OF JOE AT GERMAN AUTO DISMANTLER