Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

HOW ANAL ARE PORSCHE OWNERS...?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 05:16 PM
911SC SKI
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Abe, I don't like to think of myself as '****' but, 'were', is definitely not spelt with an 'H'

otherwise, none of us would 'know where we were!'

Old 11-12-2008, 01:06 AM
RShepHorse
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not going to drive the targa if it's raining, wet roads or there's the faintest trace of salt on the roads.... that's pretty **** for me.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:05 AM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If "****=attentive", then guilty it is.

For me, it's a combination:

Complete elation (high) while she's put through her paces...nuttin' like it.

Shear Stephen King-styled terror at what could go wrong ($$$) in a worst-case situation.

Nobody drives mine but me......

as to cleanliness,..I stay on top of it but have become a bit like Dan,..not being obsessed by it. Or, like John, keep it simple. I'm so frikin' busy with other things that I (too) have less time to be "****" about how she looks,..but WILL be **** about her mechanical state. Hell,..she's a "looker" even on a bad day.
Compliments abound from onlookers, primarily of a "cosmetic" basis (""man, that's a good-looking car"")....I sometimes reply that she drives far better than she "looks".

Best,

Doyle
Old 11-15-2008, 11:46 AM
DDD
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, there are two types of ****.

First, I think most of us are fairly **** about our Porsches compared to how we would treat another, more generic car. This is normal enthusiast behavior that any car owner feels toward their favorite car.

Secondly, there is the **** attitude of the concours guys. I have a nice looking 930 but it is a repaint from dull gray to wine red. This never bothered me but it kills the value of the car completely to some people. This is an attitude I don't like. Apparently normally aspirated 911 owners are a bit more forgiving on stuff like repaints, mods, ect.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Barry A. Waters
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Abe,

It's been my experience that to be 'really ****' you have to have WAY too much time on your hands. What with my ongoing search for a brand of dental floss that will stand up to flossing the tread of even a single tire (much less all four) and having to deal with THREE separate lawsuits against local High School/Benefit/Charity carwash events that drained water into the road (Bastards!) that I RAN THROUGH while driving, I don't have time to be '****'...

Barry

P.S. - Why don't the Feds/State require the owners of those damn 50 Cents/3 Minutes of Air machines issue a proper receipt like an ATM does??? Slack Bastards...
Old 11-16-2008, 08:04 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

The original owner of my brother 73 914 kept a "huge" log book from day one.

Detailee how much time was spent, washing, waxing
Kept track of daily milaege, temps, weather condtions
Removed the bumpers and rockers panels during winter storage
every three months removed the wheels and waxed the wheel wells (kept track of time spent)
logged everytime the motor was strted, time it ran, temperature of oil.

Everything single part replaced was kept in a baggy with date replaced, mileage at the time.

Rare situation since most 914's at the time were considered "cheap" Porsches and were not taken care as much as a 911.

John
Old 11-16-2008, 10:10 PM
irobertson
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GothingNC
The original owner of my brother 73 914 kept a "huge" log book from day one.

Detailee how much time was spent, washing, waxing
Kept track of daily milaege, temps, weather condtions
Removed the bumpers and rockers panels during winter storage
every three months removed the wheels and waxed the wheel wells (kept track of time spent)
logged everytime the motor was strted, time it ran, temperature of oil.

Everything single part replaced was kept in a baggy with date replaced, mileage at the time.

Rare situation since most 914's at the time were considered "cheap" Porsches and were not taken care as much as a 911.

John
Can you say O C D?

Quick Reply: HOW ANAL ARE PORSCHE OWNERS...?