Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Good Indie Mechanics in Bay Area, CA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by holy911
I think it's good to know what you're getting into, especially with these cars. I intend to keep it a long time and eventually, it will need a rebuild or more.
It's nice to know what you're getting into....the proper mindset sometimes has to just be "you gotta pay to play."
Old 11-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kahdmus
Getting quotes for top-end rebuils before you've even bought a car is a tad hypochondriac don't you think?
+1
'holy911' should be Holy Overanalysis! Egads man! If you do your homework (which you've done ad nauseum), you should be no more at risk for this kind of expense than with any other car.

If this much concern consumes you, you should bag it. Seriously.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:54 PM
holy911
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
+1
'holy911' should be Holy Overanalysis! Egads man! If you do your homework (which you've done ad nauseum), you should be no more at risk for this kind of expense than with any other car.

If this much concern consumes you, you should bag it. Seriously.
Thanks for your humble opinion, BC. But I definitely disagree with the "no more at risk than any other car." This is not Toyota.

I'm taking this cautiously, yes. Especially since its my money and time going into this "investment." I guess you just have more of that than I.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for your humble opinion, BC. But I definitely disagree with the "no more at risk than any other car." This is not Toyota.

I'm taking this cautiously, yes. Especially since its my money and time going into this "investment." I guess you just have more of that than I.
And you could get run over by a bus tomorrow. Buy a car, post some pics.
Go out on a limb - live a little!
Old 11-15-2008, 06:08 PM
holy911
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
And you could get run over by a bus tomorrow. Buy a car, post some pics.
Go out on a limb - live a little!
Believe me. I'd love to buy a P...now if I could. But the right one just has not revealed itself to me yet. And hearing how many folks waited about a year or two before finding the right one, I'm still in my infancy of P searching after only 3 months. Still, the wait is killing me.

In the meantime, I'm educating myself, getting tools and the garage ready, really arming myself for battle. Spending this much money on a 20 y/o car is not an easy thing to do.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Spending this much money on a 20 y/o car is not an easy thing to do.
That didn't even cross my mind when I bought mine....once I found the car I wanted (colour combo and condition I dreamed of), it was easy to write and hand over the cheque.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:50 PM
holy911
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nine11
That didn't even cross my mind when I bought mine....once I found the car I wanted (colour combo and condition I dreamed of), it was easy to write and hand over the cheque.
Again, some have more time and money than others.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Again, some have more time and money than others.
Not at all. I'm a working man like everybody else. But when I saw the car of my dreams, the passion took over and it was a done deal. It was worth every penny.

Quick Reply: Good Indie Mechanics in Bay Area, CA?