Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Dead Pedal Placement Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 01:09 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Dead Pedal Placement Advice?

I have a Rennline Dead Pedal to install, but need some pics/advise on mounting location. Did everyone put the carpet under it? The floormat doesn't work with it at all.

Anyone got pics of their installation?

I have a Cab so the added reinforcement in the footwell makes the dead pedal crowd the already narrow clutch space. Seems the best way is to put it as low as possible? But that gets me into conflict with the carpet.

And... did y'all pull up the side carpet to avoid the wiring harness? I tried to feel it, but can't. I'm assuming the carpet is glued and could be an issue pulling up???
Old 08-06-2008, 08:57 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar problem installing one in my Targa, the footwell blower cover seem to be in the way.
Took out the floor carpet out but left it on the kick panel.
Yes it's kind of close on the pedal.
Installed the bottom screws first then two screws into the side to pull it over as much as possible.
Looking for the pictures I sent to Rennline when I was asking them how to put it in, if I find them I post them.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:25 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pmason
I had a similar problem installing one in my Targa, the footwell blower cover seem to be in the way.
Took out the floor carpet out but left it on the kick panel.
Yes it's kind of close on the pedal.
Installed the bottom screws first then two screws into the side to pull it over as much as possible.
Looking for the pictures I sent to Rennline when I was asking them how to put it in, if I find them I post them.
The floor carpet does seem to be in the way of proper placement. I'm considering a Rennline metal track pad to replace the carpet. But I'm not quite ready to invest in that.

I'd appreciate any pictures you can send. Thanks for the advice too.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:43 PM
emac
Racer

Shannon
I bought the set and ran into the same issue. I just installed the pedals and left the foot rest off. I was afraid I would get my left foot stuck.

Ernie 81 SC
Old 08-06-2008, 10:05 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Mine is a Targa so it does have the wider area there. Here is a picture of the PO's rennline dead pedal install. Don't mind the mud but I had to rescue a friend who's dirt bike died.

Hope this is what you were looking for.
-matt
Old 08-06-2008, 10:38 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Here is the picture of mine.
I was also thinking about the mats from Rennline but after seeing a set they are very thin and I decided to pass on them.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:36 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pmason
Here is the picture of mine.
I was also thinking about the mats from Rennline but after seeing a set they are very thin and I decided to pass on them.
Thank you very much for the picture. Are you able to take your carpet in and out with the pedal there? (i.e. can you snake the carpet underneath it?)
Old 08-06-2008, 11:42 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by old man neri

Hope this is what you were looking for.
-matt
Yes thanks. That one is installed high enough to avoid the carpet. Looks like the same carpet I have (vinyl at the front and pile in the rear). The problem I find with putting it that high is the corner wants to stick over towards the clutch.

I have a pair of Pilotis on the way, maybe that will help.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:43 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I assume you have the dead pedal for a Targa. I looked on their website and one for a Targa, Cab is P/N P53 and for a coupe it's P11 (1965-1989). The dead pedal to the clutch clearance can be narrow, but I have had nor problems with the P11 on my 88 coupe. I don't have a photo or I would post it.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:49 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 911vet
Yes thanks. That one is installed high enough to avoid the carpet. Looks like the same carpet I have (vinyl at the front and pile in the rear). The problem I find with putting it that high is the corner wants to stick over towards the clutch.
Yup, same carpet. Just mine is dirtier. I never noticed until today how close it was to the clutch but I have never had any problems.

-matt
Old 08-06-2008, 11:52 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Spider911
I assume you have the dead pedal for a Targa. I looked on their website and one for a Targa, Cab is P/N P53 and for a coupe it's P11 (1965-1989). The dead pedal to the clutch clearance can be narrow, but I have had nor problems with the P11 on my 88 coupe. I don't have a photo or I would post it.
The bag it came in says it's speced for a Targa/Cab/964 C4. If the bag is to be believed.

Quick Reply: Dead Pedal Placement Advice?