Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 Road Trip Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 01:30 AM
VroomGrrl
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911 Road Trip Video

At long last, the video of our road trip, picking up the car in Houston & driving back to Tuscaloosa - the long way. Yeehaw!

UPDATED to fix the hole in the music

Last edited by VroomGrrl; 07-30-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:45 AM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Nice vid. You never mentioned if you let your 'other' drive the car or not.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:05 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Girl, you can take me on that trip anytime. That was so much fun I almost can't believe it. Open roads, beaches, all the time in the world, and most of all, no kids. Thank you so much. Really.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:21 AM
Antony.
Instructor

Great video. That's a really nice looking 911, I'm liking the white ones more and more these days. Don't see many of them around here. Isn't it a great feeling to have your own? I still sit out in the garage just staring at mine. Congratulations and thanks for posting a cool video. Looks like you guys had a blast!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:56 AM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

You Go VroomGrrl!

Sincere Congrats on your New Baby! I am so happy for you and thanks for sharing.

BTW, I like you cup holder, neat idea
Old 07-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Daniel Dudley
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't taken a road trip in that area for many years. Very cool, a Most Excellent Adventure.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:15 AM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice vid, Kathy. I recognize many of those roads/places. Glad you are enjoying the new car. How was the AC in the bake & melt southern summer?

Ian
Old 07-30-2008, 08:38 AM
VroomGrrl
Advanced

Originally Posted by imcarthur
Nice vid, Kathy. I recognize many of those roads/places. Glad you are enjoying the new car. How was the AC in the bake & melt southern summer?

Ian
The AC in the heat of the day was...pretty sorry! But I wasn't expecting much from it to be honest, after everything I'd read & heard. It was well over 100 both days, and they were just damned long hot days. But I have to say, for 20 year old AC, it chugged along all day, full out full blast, and never froze up, it did the best it could
Old 07-30-2008, 08:40 AM
VroomGrrl
Advanced

Originally Posted by old man neri
Nice vid. You never mentioned if you let your 'other' drive the car or not.
He never even asked! I had told him I'd share the wheel if he wanted, but he was happy to sit shotgun the whole trip. I tend to be the "default" driver between us anyway - as he loves navigating & mapreading. We are a good fit that way.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:45 AM
VroomGrrl
Advanced

Originally Posted by douglas bray
Girl, you can take me on that trip anytime. That was so much fun I almost can't believe it. Open roads, beaches, all the time in the world, and most of all, no kids. Thank you so much. Really.
The only thing missing was "all the time in the world" - I was in a big crunch to get back to work first thing Monday morning, BIG deadline hanging over my head. Otherwise we would have loved to have done that trip over a few more days. But we made the best of the time we had and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. As you can tell we love a road trip! Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:47 AM
VroomGrrl
Advanced

Originally Posted by DRACO A5OG
You Go VroomGrrl!

Sincere Congrats on your New Baby! I am so happy for you and thanks for sharing.

BTW, I like you cup holder, neat idea
Hahah! I wondered if anyone would notice that! That cup holder really didn't work out too well, but it was OK on the fly. Just had to be careful about knocking it off with every move!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:17 AM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VroomGrrl
Hahah! I wondered if anyone would notice that! That cup holder really didn't work out too well, but it was OK on the fly. Just had to be careful about knocking it off with every move!
All I could see was the reflection of the can in the windshield.

Great little video. You can really tell the hardcore Porsche lovers just by their attitude. So glad you decided not to give up on your search, and arent you glad you did not settle for that brown one. (sorry brown owners, but GPWFTW!)

Thank you so much for sharring your joy.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:23 AM
64_Comet
Intermediate

I hate white cars.

Except for 911s :-) I REALLY like white 911s.

Great looking car and a great road trip.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:38 AM
JRRSA
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Awesome video....great views and info on Katrina. Makes me want to take a road trip!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:02 PM
VroomGrrl
Advanced

Originally Posted by flatsixnut
All I could see was the reflection of the can in the windshield.

Great little video. You can really tell the hardcore Porsche lovers just by their attitude. So glad you decided not to give up on your search, and arent you glad you did not settle for that brown one. (sorry brown owners, but GPWFTW!)

Thank you so much for sharring your joy.
I think the actual cup holder shows at around 2:40 or so

And yes I'm so glad I didn't go for the brown one. Though I promise you I could have been very happy with it! I am over the moon happy with the one I got.

I loved getting to meet the owner (as opposed to buying from a dealer like the brown one). He really loved that car & took such good care of it. He was a pleasure to meet. And he gave me all his stuff! Books, files, and spares out the yin-yang! Everything I could fit into the car, he sent on with me. He has given me the "Now you have to watch it in the rain, the rear end will fly out on you in a heart beat..." in every phone call since I left, and there have been several calls where he's wanting to be sure we were OK, got home, etc.

I must ask, WTF does GPWFTW mean? I can't imagine much beyond GPW = grand prix white

Quick Reply: 911 Road Trip Video