Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 Road Trip Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:03 PM
64_Comet
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FTW = for the win (alternatively for "teh" win)
Old 07-30-2008, 07:33 PM
87Porsche
Intermediate

Smile Wow

That was an awesome video!
Old 07-31-2008, 03:38 AM
jwt996
Advanced

Great Road Trip. Love the South....but for the best in scenery, have you considered a road trip out to the Pacific Northwest, Seattle area? The invitation is open for you both.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:03 AM
VroomGrrl
Advanced

Originally Posted by jwt996
Great Road Trip. Love the South....but for the best in scenery, have you considered a road trip out to the Pacific Northwest, Seattle area? The invitation is open for you both.
Neither of us has ever been to the Pacific NW and we'd both love to go! I want to do the Pacific Coast Hwy in California, too. I think I'd have to take a month off work to do all I'd want to out there, not to mention getting there and back if we did the trip in the 911. But we have considered flying out and renting a car. Count on hearing from me once we get it together! And thanks again
Old 08-02-2008, 02:05 AM
VroomGrrl
Advanced

Originally Posted by 87Porsche
That was an awesome video!
Well thank you! It's easy to make an awesome video when your awesome husband accompanies you to meet an awesome guy who sells you his awesome car and then you have an awesome drive home! My head is still spinning. Actually I watch that doggone video every day myself. It really was an entirely awesome experience!
Old 08-03-2008, 08:59 AM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Great video !

I like GPW just as much as Rosewood

Enjoy the car.

I wish I took a video of my road trip when I picked up my Targa in DC

My younger daughter was 4 at the tme and I could not remove her from the Porsche

It was only 8 degrees during Feb 06, car started perfect and the heat put out by the SSI's had me roasting in a few minutes.

John
Old 08-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Steely
Instructor

You're my hero - I took off for my trip the day you got back to work.
I loved the video, we took some lame-a&& short ones, and I am not adept at movie production (yet) but am inspired. Congrats and thanks.

Dan
Old 08-04-2008, 04:55 AM
VroomGrrl
Advanced

Originally Posted by Steely
You're my hero - I took off for my trip the day you got back to work.
I loved the video, we took some lame-a&& short ones, and I am not adept at movie production (yet) but am inspired. Congrats and thanks.

Dan
Aww just saw this and read your post. You are too kind! I am new to the whole video thing myself but Windows Moviemaker makes it so easy. Just take your video footage & stills & slap them together. I should post a little tutorial!

My husband and I did lots of Blue Ridge Parkway on our big wedding trip of 2006 (Tuscaloosa, AL to Bar Harbor, ME...ohh would the 911 have been fun on that trip!) and that Skyline drive has some breathtaking views. How did you like driving the 911 there? Hopefully you avoided trains of travel-trailers!

If not a video, at least an expanded travelogue post with your photos is in order
Old 08-06-2008, 01:30 AM
goliver
Three Wheelin'

Great video.

After having made several coast to coast trips in new Porsches I have purchased on ebay I must applaud your video. Great chronicle of your trip. Nothing speaks to my heart more than seeing those fenders cruising across America. Simply Stunning.

The last cross country trip I took was a year ago in your neck of the woods so to speak. I bought an awesome Silverado from a wholesaler in Birmingham and drove her back here to Sacramento. The airplane shots of take off reminded me of landing in Birmingham. Wish I had more time to spend that day. I had to get 700 miles under my belt that day to stay on schedule to get back to CA on time.

Loved Alabama. Man can it rain hard there. WOW!

Congrats on the car. Looks awesome.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:07 AM
VroomGrrl
Advanced

Originally Posted by goliver
Great video.

After having made several coast to coast trips in new Porsches I have purchased on ebay I must applaud your video. Great chronicle of your trip. Nothing speaks to my heart more than seeing those fenders cruising across America. Simply Stunning.

The last cross country trip I took was a year ago in your neck of the woods so to speak. I bought an awesome Silverado from a wholesaler in Birmingham and drove her back here to Sacramento. The airplane shots of take off reminded me of landing in Birmingham. Wish I had more time to spend that day. I had to get 700 miles under my belt that day to stay on schedule to get back to CA on time.

Loved Alabama. Man can it rain hard there. WOW!

Congrats on the car. Looks awesome.
Thanks so much for your kind words about the video. It's hard to be mindful of documenting everything all the while staying in the moment and enjoying the ride. Driving an older car like this was something to get reaccustomed to - no hands for the camera, for one thing! So hubby did most of the shooting. For every memory captured in the video there are a hundred more in my mind's eye! I confess I still watch the video myself every day. LOVE those fenders

Rain - on the way to the airport that Sat. morning, we hit the most awful rainstorm I've ever had to drive in. Absolutely treacherous white-knuckle driving for about 10 mins there - pure hell on wheels! Esp. with a flight we were afraid we'd miss...the stuff of nightmares. Not to put too fine a point on it! Good news was that we didn't hit the first drop of rain the whole trip back from Houston in the new car.

I'm blessed with a husband who loves a good road trip, and we have all sorts of plans! We will really have to change the way we travel to both go in the 911 - we're used to bringing everything but the kitchen sink when we travel in my little SUV (Honda CR-V). We'll work it out, I'm sure.

Think about documenting your next road trip - in ways it gets to be a hassle, always with the camera, but I've found it to be sooo worth it being able to watch afterwards. Still shots alone make for awesome videos, and Windows Moviemaker (comes included with all Windows operating systems I believe) has been fairly easy to figure out well enough to crank out a fun video. Have you already done your summer traveling?

Quick Reply: 911 Road Trip Video