Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

What would the proper etiquette be in this situation

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 04:08 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a pain in the neck. I agree with the advice above. Try to get your money back for the PPI but then try to move on and not dwell. You've had a bad experience and it sucks. Learn from it and you'll find the right car for you. I (like many on here I'm sure) went through many near misses (some reasonable, some less so) and it made the final deal so much sweeter when it went through.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:52 PM
tipstall
Advanced

Post his name and email.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:20 PM
3.2SLANTNOSE
Racer

It is too bad that there are so many assclowns out there. Attempt to do whatever will make you feel better, because this was a personal hit. Hopefully the so-called wrench will have to eat the car. It all does have that fishy smell to it.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:38 PM
porsche930dude
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

besides for 32k you can get a real nice 930
Old 06-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Daniel Dudley
Rennlist Member

Living well is the best revenge. Looking forward to seeing you in a car that you like even better.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:18 PM
samsnead
Pro

Thanks for all the replies. Just to clarify, the deal I had with the original seller was for $23k(still high I know), I assume that the mechanic bought the car for $25k; I know that he bought the car after speaking with people local to him that know his situation, he had to sell another car to buy this. I am amazed at how quickly the ad dissapeared from the classifieds, must have been the bargain basement price!
Old 06-23-2008, 11:10 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by samsnead
I am amazed at how quickly the ad dissapeared from the classifieds, must have been the bargain basement price!
I bet it isn't sold. My guess is he pulled the ad after being caught in his own web. Why would anyone pay $10K more than the "going rate?" He probably got slammed by some Rennlisters and ran with his tail tucked between his legs.

I agree with Daniel - live well and you'll find a much better car at a better price. These things have a way of working out the way they should.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:05 PM
hencar
5th Gear

I am not a lawyer, but I do know that if someone intentionally damages a contractual or business relationship of another, they are liable in court under the most state laws. It is called "tortious interference."

The problem all of us face in situations like this, is do we pursue legal remedies? Is it worth the cost and the effort? What is to be gained? What are the chances of losing? Is fighting someone in court worth the emotional stress?

I like to think that what goes around, comes around. Let's hope these two (buyer and seller) low lifes get what is coming to them.

Sorry for your loss.

Regards,

Henry

Quick Reply: What would the proper etiquette be in this situation