Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

3.2 pre-muffler question

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 06:21 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kusee pee
Well, last night when I tried to park in my street a neighbour stood in the road and refused to let me park.
I am glad I dont have that problem with my neighbors...for "their" sake. There are louder cars than mine around me. Plus the Harley's.
Are you sure you cant slip in and out a little quieter?

I am seriously thinking about putting the megaphone I have onto my cat bypass.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:34 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Just parked up tonight and purposely avoided parking near the upset neighbour. Had to go on a double yellow line but it'll be OK for the night. It's not very nice having to worry when/where I park I must admit. Shame because the sound is just glorious. Oh well...it's the price to pay for having fun with noise...
Old 06-24-2008, 06:59 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts

Can't you fab up some sort of little cap you can slip over the tip when getting close to home?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:39 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, last night when I tried to park in my street a neighbour stood in the road and refused to let me park. He then went crazy at me saying that my car was ruining his life and turning him into a nervous wreck.

WTF's up with THAT? How the hell did he "refuse to let you park"? "Nervous wreck,..and ruining his life"? R U F'n Kidding Me?

WTF does this mongrel drive?

I couldn't imagine this situation,..at all.

Best,

Doyle
Old 06-25-2008, 03:51 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dshepp806
Well, last night when I tried to park in my street a neighbour stood in the road and refused to let me park. He then went crazy at me saying that my car was ruining his life and turning him into a nervous wreck.

WTF's up with THAT? How the hell did he "refuse to let you park"? "Nervous wreck,..and ruining his life"? R U F'n Kidding Me?

WTF does this mongrel drive?

I couldn't imagine this situation,..at all.

Best,

Doyle
It was mad I tell you. He stopped me parking by standing in the middle of the road and shouting and waving his arms. I couldn't reverse without running him over (hmmmmm...an idea). He then came round to the driver's window and went ape at me for about 5 minutes. He was in no mood to listen to any reply. Fortunately he was not physically aggressive (I'd be parking elsewhere if he was...) so I'm just letting it lie for a bit. Thing is, if he'd have come round to the house for a discussion I'd have been very willing to find a compromise. Oh well...
Old 06-25-2008, 04:40 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

I would have knocked his lights out.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:29 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by flatsixnut
I would have knocked his lights out.
Come round tomorrow morning at 6.30 when I start her up and you can do it on my behalf
Old 06-25-2008, 05:51 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Now see here in Florida we have the no retreat law...."I was affraid for my life officer"...

Truthfully, I am a non-confrontational kinda guy. I like most of my neighbors (except the bitch behind me with the loud dogs that wake me up at 2am), and I would try and make life easier for all of them.
If you have honestly tried drving in and out as quiet as you can...and you are legal...f-it.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:56 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Good advice Michael, cheers. I am just trying to keep a low profile. It is hellish loud but I love it!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:08 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

OK, things have come to a head. This morning I was about to pull away when a (different!) neighour comes running out his house and gives me the biggest barrage of verbals ever. He then procedes to try to slam my door into me and warns me in no uncertain terms that I must not park anywhere in the same postcode. So...the muffler's going back on this weekend. I've had enough and I'm not prepared to risk life, limb or bodywork. It was fun while it lasted...
Old 06-26-2008, 06:39 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Um, what about calling the police? Is assault not a crime in the UK?
Old 06-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

We have go-carts w/ open exhaust, mororcycles with the same, mopeds with no pipes at all, scooters with crazy little kids on them all ripping up and down the street every evening. It's part of suburbia. We like it. It's when the sun goes down and the meth heads don't know the sun has gon down, that's when the noise has gone too far. Keep the pipe.

Or you could just cut the stuffing out of a stock type pipe and make it a deeper sound than what you have. Then the next time someone puts there life at risk to tell you it's too loud you can show them it is stock and they can (EDITED).....
Old 06-27-2008, 04:37 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Just received my M&K Pre-Muff. Nice Contruction, Clean Welds and it was only 6.2 Lbs
Old 06-27-2008, 06:32 PM
TT Oversteer
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

When you get that new M&K pre-muff installed, let us all know how it sounds. Will the neighbors like us or not?
Old 06-27-2008, 09:33 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

I will video tape it with sound on both the CBP already installed against the M&K Pre-Muffler on an OEM One in One out Muffler Set Up.

In the meantime, here is a Pelican's Video Report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSEW63lLPjg

1st half is a CBP and his M&K 1i1o 2nd is with the M&K Pre-Muff

Quick Reply: 3.2 pre-muffler question