911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

I'm running again;)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Sailmed
Three Wheelin'

Location: In the boatyard installing the mast and engine, we don't need a crane, we harness the mesquito's! Yeah!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm running again;)

After 2 years...... Probably the slowest rebuild in history

The '75 runs

Thanks All - Pete your a life saver and great garage cleaning influence
Better things to do then post - Like drive

Me thinks I need to replace the exhaust - stainless doesn't last forever

Last edited by Sailmed; 04-19-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:47 PM
serpico
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear.
Just joined up today. I need to get my '76 running again, it's been sitting awhile.
Is there a place here where members have photos of their cars?
Old 04-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Serpico, you have come to the right place. The Gallery is in the upper right hand corner. Cool stuff. Lots of guys have a website link in their signature. You will find lots of Canadians here. We even have some nutcase Aussies that hang out with us and cause trouble. Welcome
Old 04-20-2008, 12:22 AM
serpico
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the welcome.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:59 PM
JV911
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by douglas bray
We even have some nutcase Aussies that hang out with us and cause trouble
Oi !!!

welcome serpico & congrats firemed
Old 04-20-2008, 11:20 PM
psychoideas
Drifting

Yes Serpico, welcome from down under.................................who doesn't want to be down under?

Firemed, I'm glad you have done the job but I think I hold the record for longest build/rebuild. Purchased it in 93 first started it in 2007 and still not on the road.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Sailmed
Three Wheelin'

Location: In the boatyard installing the mast and engine, we don't need a crane, we harness the mesquito's! Yeah!

Originally Posted by psychoideas
Yes Serpico, welcome from down under.................................who doesn't want to be down under?

Firemed, I'm glad you have done the job but I think I hold the record for longest build/rebuild. Purchased it in 93 first started it in 2007 and still not on the road.
I stand corrected - 2nd longest rebuild??????
I hope you have yours running soon....
The time we spend building just increases the grin factor more when she runs...

My time was not a result of funds, more of no time away from work... Which I just had 72 hours away from - first time in a long time!

It was fun driving the car down the road yesterday for my first "Sunday drive".
The wife had suggested I just head out and relax, so I took the top off, and headed out solo, just me and my baby.
I live out in the country and take the interstate to a area with a few twisty roads, so off I go.
It was awesome, listening to the engine, a bit of the blues on the stereo, wind blowing... You know what it's like....
I'm having a bit of trouble keeping the speed down as I know "arrest me red" isn't exactly inconspicuous. I'm cruising in the right lane and the passing cars are slowing to check out the old car... I love it
I do my twisties, trying to capture two years in a few hours, and start back home on the interstate. I'm back on the highway, and the car just stumbles and died.
I'm thinking worse case scenario - fuel pump - so I called the wife and said "come get me please, I need a tow."
She too was enjoying a nice sunday, the children had taken off for friends houses, and she was a bit miffed to have to come "rescue" the rescue man
I couldn't believe that after all this work the car would let me down...
I lifted the bonnet....
and found the ignition wire fell loose from the distributor
I put it back on, started the car, and tried calling the wife to cancel. No answer...
I'm still trying to ring her up and getting no answer - She passes me by, turns around, and follows me home.
When we reached the homestead she got out and told me if I really wanted to go faster, next time don't ask for a tow from her VW, just build a bigger engine
Old 04-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Firemed
The '75 runs
WHOO-HOO!
Old 04-21-2008, 08:54 PM
psychoideas
Drifting

Originally Posted by Firemed
I stand corrected - 2nd longest rebuild??????
I hope you have yours running soon....
The time we spend building just increases the grin factor more when she runs...

My time was not a result of funds, more of no time away from work... Which I just had 72 hours away from - first time in a long time!

It was fun driving the car down the road yesterday for my first "Sunday drive".
The wife had suggested I just head out and relax, so I took the top off, and headed out solo, just me and my baby.
I live out in the country and take the interstate to a area with a few twisty roads, so off I go.
It was awesome, listening to the engine, a bit of the blues on the stereo, wind blowing... You know what it's like....
I'm having a bit of trouble keeping the speed down as I know "arrest me red" isn't exactly inconspicuous. I'm cruising in the right lane and the passing cars are slowing to check out the old car... I love it
I do my twisties, trying to capture two years in a few hours, and start back home on the interstate. I'm back on the highway, and the car just stumbles and died.
I'm thinking worse case scenario - fuel pump - so I called the wife and said "come get me please, I need a tow."
She too was enjoying a nice sunday, the children had taken off for friends houses, and she was a bit miffed to have to come "rescue" the rescue man
I couldn't believe that after all this work the car would let me down...
I lifted the bonnet....
and found the ignition wire fell loose from the distributor
I put it back on, started the car, and tried calling the wife to cancel. No answer...
I'm still trying to ring her up and getting no answer - She passes me by, turns around, and follows me home.
When we reached the homestead she got out and told me if I really wanted to go faster, next time don't ask for a tow from her VW, just build a bigger engine

Great story Crazy Mike,
I'm still running on memory about those lovely drives.

My friend rings me a couple of months ago to say he couldn't come over be cause his car died. (1976 911S targa). When I next saw him it turns out the fuel pump relay had worked it's way loose.

Guess we should always check the simple things first.......................or the belt in Iceman's case

Quick Reply: I'm running again;)