Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

My car in photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 05:29 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car in photoshoot

I was lucky enough today to take part in a shoot for the next issue of 911&Porsche World as they're doing a feature on Carrera 3.2s. It was a top day out at the Chobham MoD test centre and there were three cars (black, red and white) which looked great being photo'd together. I hope the results look as good in print. Anyway...as part of the day we did some action shots, one of them being a cornering photo. I did the corner half a dozon times or so to try and get some nice tail-out action. However, the corner wasn't ideal as it was too slow to slide in second gear but first gear was tricky to control (and kept bouncing off the limiter) - the attempt below was when it didn't quite go as planned! Luckily the photographer was quick on his feet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUKAZztQogw
Old 04-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Can I show that to the judge? Perfect exhibition of speed. CV23109(C). Good job.

Looks like a good spot for second gear and a fiew more practice laps. I'd just have a hard time doing that with such a great car.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:12 AM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

I used to subscribe to 911 and Porsche World. Would be cool to see your own personal car in a mag.

That first gear had to hurt.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:08 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Yeah it's going to be cool - front cover I think. And yes, having to stay in first was rough and difficult to hold - but I was determined that if I was going to be in the mag then I wouldn't blow the chance of hanging it all out!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by douglas bray
I'd just have a hard time doing that with such a great car.
But Doug, that is exactly what these cars are meant to do. Well, maybe not that exactly...

I'd rather buy a car that was tracked and well-maintained, than one that wasn't driven, and had unknown traits.

Nice job getting in the mag! Keep us posted when it comes out, I buy them on the newstand from time-time, this is one I'll want to see.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:36 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,160 Likes on 831 Posts

Although I do agree with buying well maintaned cars personally i would go no where near track cars.
I know I am gong to get flamed but personally don't believe guys who go to the track "automaticlly " take better care of there cars than guys who don't. given two cars where guys look after them, I would buy from the none track car everytime. The car obviosuly on the track has been pushed and done a lot more work than the one without.

In my ( admitedly tiny ) mind it is like saying buy this car with twice the milage for the same money as that one over there because it has had more maintance .....

just my .02c. Track guys please flame away .. you have your resale value to protect ...
Old 04-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Ice, I never inferred that tracked cars are all well-maintained. My comment was I'd rather buy a car that was tracked AND well-maintained than one that had seen little use with a bunch of unknowns. My real comment is that these cars are meant to be driven.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:33 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,160 Likes on 831 Posts

oh of coure Ed .. and we know how well yours is .. we have seen the rebuild first hand .. BTW how is it running ?
Old 04-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

It's running fine. I do have a drip from the seal between the cam tower and the #2 head. I'm probably going to drop the engine this summer, and reseal it. Going from Loctite 574 to Threebond 1104 this time. Not that it is the fault of the sealant, but the newer stuff is a bit easier to work with.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:19 AM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Cheers for the comments guys - this was no track outing, that clip was the only bit of action-driving we did, the rest of the shots were stills or just driving behind the camera car. I think that the car will be in the next edition of 911&Porsche World in a feature on buying an running Carrera 3.2s - hopefully it will be on the cover too which will be nice. I'll keep you all posted when I get details or previews.

And as for track driving, that's what my M3's for - but I tend to drive it a little better than I did for the camera. Or you'd hope!

Quick Reply: My car in photoshoot