Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Bakersfield, CA Mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:22 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Peter:: I was unaware of your shoulder problem and do hope that a recovery is shortly in your future. I destroyed my right shoulder on outboard motors some years ago before I was in the medicare system and also could not afford insurance. It took about 10 years but it finally came back. I really hope you get 100 percent.

If I may be so bold as to advise the Zimmaster------ if you go to that shop to meet the owner, wear a white shirt and tie, have your hands absolutely clean and park where they can not block your car in. Other wise you may not get out of there and may be turning a wrench. Best to Bakersfield
Old 03-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Jake: Thank you! Unfortunately, just like after market P-car parts, man-made shoulders don't have a life expectancy nearly as long as the originals! The more that they're subjected to, the higher the possibility that the joint between the Chrome Cobalt "bone," and the ABS "socket" will loosen to the point where they have to go in again and work on it. The way to extend its life? Don't open the SnapOn tool chest!
Old 03-31-2008, 05:50 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

You still have the snap on box, and the history and stories it has within it. I suppose that 100 years ago, with the shorter life span, we would both be gone. You cant wrench and I cant fly anymore but we are still having fun.

Funny you should mention after market parts. We had just put in an Italian clutch cable in the SC when i read your post about using factory only. When we fixed the clutch pedel I put in the $92 real deal cable. My son was amazed at the change and I told him you said so. When I say zimmerman, now he listens, as I do. thanks Peter
Old 03-31-2008, 08:33 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jakeflyer
Funny you should mention after market parts. We had just put in an Italian clutch cable in the SC when i read your post about using factory only. When we fixed the clutch pedel I put in the $92 real deal cable. My son was amazed at the change and I told him you said so.
Jake: That after market cable probably contributed heavily to the roll pin failure that your car suffered! It's amazing how one crummy part can cause a variety of trickle down premature failures. A new factory cable makes a clutch in good condition so soft and smooth that you initially might think that it's defective - it's very difficult to explain, you have to feel it! Cheers!
Old 04-01-2008, 01:43 AM
rnln
Burning Brakes

Peter Zim,
get well soon.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:48 PM
JJF
5th Gear

Thanks everyone for the help. Pete, I will check out that shop. Take care.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

JJF: Good deal, I hope all goes well. If anyone knows the ins and outs of A/C in Bakersfield, they should know!
Old 12-31-2008, 05:24 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

omg hey!!!

Dr. Zimmerman, I didn't know you were in Bakersfield. I'd like to meet you sometime if you are ever in Fresno or if I ever make it down to Bakersfield.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rusnak
omg hey!!!

Dr. Zimmerman, I didn't know you were in Bakersfield. I'd like to meet you sometime if you are ever in Fresno or if I ever make it down to Bakersfield.
I'll look forward to it! Give me a day or two heads up if you're coming down here, and I'll do the same before heading to Fresno! Happy New Year to ya'!
Old 01-01-2009, 06:52 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you Dr. Zimmerman!! Hope your shoulder continues to heal up, our old cars need you!

Quick Reply: Bakersfield, CA Mechanic