Who is the best Mechanic??

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 02:43 AM
jakeflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is the best Mechanic??

Who is the best Mechanic??

Let’s not isolate this to the P car in that many here have multiple cars and any shared knowledge would be good. Well, wait a minute. Lets focus mainly on P cars with a REALLY good or exceptional story related to your Fiat or Chevy or whatever.

Reason I bring this up is that this is such an exceptional information source and when I run into situations that are frustrating, I realize how spoiled I am with this 911 safe haven.

Case in point, the boy decides to get a 4runner 4x4 to explore Death Valley and other parts of California. Having Chevy trucks with limited slip, I wanted to know if this had it. Talking to 3 local dealers produces 5 different versions of knowledge---- none correct. The factory manual from Ebay showed that there is an open unit and an elec locker unit. No slip unit. The vin and build sticker are useless except to give the ratio. This is a 10 year old car so there should be no black hole of information.

For the 911, I have information within 24 hours, accurately, right here.

Now, lets tell each other about the wrench/tech/mechanic/expert in our P cars life, to expand that info set. WE know some of those to avoid, now lets talk about who we appreciate.----and why (if you want to)
Old 01-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Daniel Dudley
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When we all share our experience and knowledge, we rise to the highest level of the group.

Very rarely, even I know what I am talking about.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:23 PM
LaughaC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wicky seems to be the best Porsche trained mechanic in Nashville.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:50 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wicky is great and my guy for my 968. He has solved a couple problems over the phone for me. He is slow sometimes, though. Andrew at Music City seems to have a great rep up there, too. I am going to try Pat Williams in Memphis for my 993 alignment, based on what I have heard of him.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:12 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

Norbert Singer was pretty decent.

Quick Reply: Who is the best Mechanic??