Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

First Drive of the Season

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 12:58 AM
Alpine 88
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Florida, at least in the parts I've been to, is pretty flat, and it's hills that tend to bring curves. And curves are what it's all about.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:14 AM
MiataR
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kusee pee
witchdoctor, iceman et al - how on earth do you manage to get through a winter without your 911? Mine stays outside come rain or shine and gets driven what-the-heck (as did my previous ones). I don't think I could cope knowing it's in the garage but not allowed to come out. That said, I bet the joy is all the greater when it does...
Storing the car for four months is certainly a difficult thing to do, but you can't beat the anticipation and then experiencing the first drive in spring. It's like buying the car all over the again.

As they say... absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Reading this thread is certainly amusing! Our weather here in Central, CA is touching 80; in another month, maybe 6 weeks, it'll be time for me to put my car away - for the summer! I know, at least I can still drive it, when it's 110 F outside, if I really, really have to - nothing will happen bad (like what salt might do) to it, but still... With luck summer will be like last year, nothing like those few surprise days when the high stops just short of 95!

Quick Reply: First Drive of the Season