Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

My car was so stock when I bought it....

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default My car was so stock when I bought it....

...it not only had the Blaupunkt Reno sterio, but it still had the original speakers with the paper cones totally rotted away.

...I don't think the valve covers had ever come off.

...the distributor cap and rotor were celebrating there 19th anniversary together.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, my '85 was the same way when I got it a few years ago. I replace the speakers and tape deck RIGHT away, but it was a waste of money as I don't use it. I like the sound of my engine better then anything on my I-Pod anyway.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:33 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, mine had been tuned up a couple of times, valves adjusted twice before me acquiring at 50k miles. However, the speakers were original, and yes, rotted & torn. New oversized Infinity Kappas fixed that, and the Blau was replaced with a Nakamichi. Yeah Yeah, Japanese in a German car, blah blah blah. It was a clean looking deck that I had one of before & liked the sound of. Purists, deal.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:36 PM
KC911
Burning Brakes

I remember telling the PO (when I purchased my car) that I'd probably upgrade the stereo, and probably not much else. Well, six years later the stereo is gone, and evidently, I'm a liar . No regrets whatsoever, with the help of folks here and on Pelican, I can't believe all the things I've done, and it's been almost as fun working on her as it has been driving.

Keith
'88 CE coupe
Old 03-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 84_Carrera
New oversized Infinity Kappas fixed that, and the Blau was replaced with a Nakamichi. Yeah Yeah, Japanese in a German car, blah blah blah.
Hey, don't worry about the Japanese stuff (many of our A/C components are also), it's when pieces start showing up that say "Hecho in China" is when we have to start worrying!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:15 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Way to mix cultures there Pete!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Hester
Instructor

Hans sounded very proud when he told me how he ordered Hester without a radio, speakers, or antennae to minimize the weight of the car for "sport purpose." My Professor told me how his wife always wanted him to put a radio in but he refused. Hester still doesn't have a radio.

Its sort of like riding the motorcycle. I just tune into the machine, the road, and, in top gear somewhere about halfway between idle and redline my mind clears and everything is right.

Oh yeah, nothing sounds better than the deep growl of the air rushing in through the MFI stacks and out thhrough that 30 year old dual outlet muffler when the flat six comes on the S cams at about 5500 rpms.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Hester
I just tune into the machine, the road, and, in top gear somewhere about halfway between idle and redline my mind clears and everything is right.
Oh my, how right you are!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hester
Hans sounded very proud when he told me how he ordered Hester without a radio, speakers, or antennae to minimize the weight of the car for "sport purpose." My Professor told me how his wife always wanted him to put a radio in but he refused. Hester still doesn't have a radio.

Its sort of like riding the motorcycle. I just tune into the machine, the road, and, in top gear somewhere about halfway between idle and redline my mind clears and everything is right.

Oh yeah, nothing sounds better than the deep growl of the air rushing in through the MFI stacks and out thhrough that 30 year old dual outlet muffler when the flat six comes on the S cams at about 5500 rpms.
Nothing makes me unwind like taking a drive in the 911 on a nice back road!

Quick Reply: My car was so stock when I bought it....