Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

OT...douglas...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I can still remember seeing that first housing tract, off in the distance, pop up out of seemingly nowhere. At the time I didn't think much of it, but as the houses crept closer we knew we were in trouble. Here's a picture of a gift from someone that knew I had competed at Riverside - it's a chunk of the track removed from below the already mentioned Turn 9 wall!
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2008, 01:52 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zim-master:: Not only have you had more cool toys, are a bunch smarter than me, but now the unacceptable in a world of terrible inequity. You got a piece of turn 9 and I dont. This is REALLY an envy/covet bad day for me.

Douglas Bray----- I enter into a world of danger with this post,(not P related) but it does have a redeeming quality in that it relates to a danger to us all. Sunnymead/Moreno Valley, a huge 2 story suburb 50 east of LA was affordable and nice. I learned from a parole officer that had bought early in that area, that LA judges were stipulating that as a condition of parole the gangsters would move from LA. An attempt at a better environment for character change. Instead, this spread the infection and the MV model of new recruiting was born. Short version, but treading on thin ice, It is unwise to use more space.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jakeflyer
Zim-master:: Not only have you had more cool toys, are a bunch smarter than me, but now the unacceptable in a world of terrible inequity. You got a piece of turn 9 and I dont. This is REALLY an envy/covet bad day for me.
Jake, I only think that one of your three points is accurate , the other two are certainly debatable! I was blown away when my friend walked into the shop, set that "trophy" on the office counter, and told me that there weren't many of them, so this was for me.

And by the way, you fly and ride Ducati motorcycles, so you're a whole bunch braver than I am !!!
Old 02-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Jake, My mother-in-law is a big wig at the MVUSD (Moreno Valley Unified Prison System) so I know all the stories. I got an appartment there when we were first married. It lasted a week and we walked away from a 6 month lease. We moved into my mother's then to Ontario. We were lucky to get out alive.

Pete, I was talking to the guy next door about the Riverside track and he said he raced there in the 70's. I told him European Collectables is having a big open house today and he is going to go crash the party. They cost him his '56 356 last year.(long story)
Old 02-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

All the big boy private jets are leaving Ontario International one after another right now. Right over my office as they loop around to head east. Some of them ain't so small.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:04 AM
WitchDoctor
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Barry,

Maybe Pete would do a "rubbing" of his Turn-9 trophy for you with charcoal on paper. You could then frame it up. You guys share some nice (to have survived) history on the same corner of that track!
Old 02-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

...hey, I still have a couple of lumps from my Christmas stocking...

Quick Reply: OT...douglas...