Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Look at me! I'm a picture whore!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,743 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Originally Posted by douglas bray
Murphy, don't change anything. Have you seen what Loaded is sporting now that his car is gone?
No, what is it?
Old 02-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

check out off topic or just "search" his name.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:51 PM
OhioMark
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shannon:

I like the Gilligan shorts! They'd fit right in on the set of "Lost"...

Mark
Old 02-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

oops!
Old 02-21-2008, 11:26 PM
WitchDoctor
Racer

Originally Posted by murphyslaw1978
You wanna know if I made the right decision? Well, it's -1 degrees right now and....
Yeah, yeah. 1 degree and there's no driving the Porsche, but it's mighty fine weather for drivin' the...ahh, errr, Chevy.

PS Good decision, Murph.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:31 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,148 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by 911vet
Actually, I'm a veterinarian.
so your a dentist that doessn't eat meat ! we won't hold it against you ..
Old 02-21-2008, 11:34 PM
WitchDoctor
Racer

SWRD, thanks. Nice bike. I grew up loving to hate Harleys, Bob Dylan, alcohol, all food that had gravy or sauce on it, mushrooms, jazz music...what else.... And ALL of these things have crept in, somehow, to find a place in my heart. My hypocrisy appears to know few limits, and this does not seem to worry me one bit.

Veterinarian. Damn. Egg on my face, Doug. I better learn to like that too! Sorry Shannon.

And I accused Doug of not listening. Double dog dammit.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Don't worry Doc, no one was listening. So are you a real doctor? What is hemochromatosis? quick!!
Old 02-21-2008, 11:58 PM
MTBGUY
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 911vet
Well, I'm more apt to be working on my car than sprawled on its hood. But I have a picture of me working on my BMW, if that will do. I removed the airbox to enlarge the intake and improve midrange hp. Sorry about the attire... cutoff shorts and all... but, hey, I was working on the car
I wish my spouse had legs like yours!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:00 AM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm. Well, the car still looks fresh and exciting after 25 years...

No woman that gives ultimatums about cars is worth it in my book. The ultimatum from my wife when I bought my Porsche was that I had to get a Carrera tail on it as soon as possible...she's a keeper!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

someone had to do it.
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2008, 02:37 AM
WitchDoctor
Racer

LOL.

I can hardly fricken stand it how funny you guys are.

I'm scared to answer your question, Doug, for fear of how I might appear in the next photo-shopping spree!

To risk answering your question, I'm a psychologist. So, like Shannon, I work with animals, trying to be of assistance with their aberrant urges and repetitive behavior disorders.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,743 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Originally Posted by WitchDoctor
...I grew up loving to hate Harleys, Bob Dylan, alcohol, all food that had gravy or sauce on it, mushrooms, jazz music...what else.... And ALL of these things have crept in, somehow, to find a place in my heart...
Ever notice how when you really hate something it's because it's somehow near and dear to your heart? So you must have spent so much energy hating that stuff that you ended up closer to it. Keep your friends close, your enemies closer

BTW: I used to hate Harleys too
Old 02-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

So Doc, you help guys like me that get stuck doing the same thing over and over? Like sitting down to rennlist every half hour? Like playing in imaginary worlds with cars that may not really be there? You work with guys that would rather do this than go to work? You help thease people? Overcome this? Like, to get over this and back to work? You save band width too? dear lord our friendship is over!
Old 02-22-2008, 02:45 PM
WitchDoctor
Racer

Step into my virtual office, Doug, and tell me your troubles....

Part of my treatment will surely be to explain to your wife that your understanding of what is problem and what is solution, as implied above, is backwards. It is connection in life that is so important, and here you connect with friends, new and old. You learn new things, acquire skills and knowledge -- so it's about mastry, too. Mastry is a hallmark of mental health and emotional well being. And to what does one apply that mastry? To relieve the stresses of living in this fncked up world, of course. One's recreational pursuits--these are vital for health and longevity. Oh, some may say Porsche ownership is frivolous and the pursuit of Porschemanship (a new concept I've just invented, feel free to quote me everywhere), is expensively pointless. I, however, strenuously disagree.

It is not indulgent that you engage in things Porsche while at work--it is a sign of health. A recognition that it is the sorry b@stard who must take the relentless battering of stress all day long, only to get some relief later on. When on a long, hard, physically exhausting, unpleasant journey...one naturally stops to take breaks! Recognizing and honoring this is not sloth, it is intelligence.

I note that you end your last note with an appeal to God, and in so doing, you implicitly acknowledge recognizing there is something of spiritual significance. Someone has told you that Porsche is bad, but Porsche is good. Porsche-related...relating to others is edifying. It provides social support and, I must hasten to point out to you, the relationship of social support to physical and mental health is stronger than the relationship of smoking to lung cancer.

If you know what's good for you emotionally, spiritually, physically...then you will accept that you need to be engaged in this hobby just as you are. And any nay-sayers who benefit by our presence in their lives will just have to understand, to quote scripture, "that man cannot live by [making] bread alone."

You can argue with me, but how can you argue with God?!

Humbly submitted for your consideration.

Quick Reply: Look at me! I'm a picture whore!