Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Look at me! I'm a picture whore!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 03:46 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts

I thought porschemanship was your inner German trying to reach out and manifesting himself by a Porsche obsession.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

We don't need the car on the opening page, we need the above post. We need to cut, paiste, print, and pass out that post to everyone around.

good work.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Did you like it or am I dead?
Old 02-23-2008, 03:35 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man. I just came over here for a visit from the 944/951/924 thread and you guys are having a lot more fun. 911 guys and gals seem to do that anyway. I was just going to say be careful with coin car washes as they recycle water and all that dissolved salt is liberally applied to the nether regions of your car when you think your rinsing it off. Also sand makes it through the filters and the pressure washer becomes a sand blaster. However all that somehow seems remotely on-topic and thats the last place I want to see this thread go.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:55 PM
whalebird
Race Car

now I get it... aircooled
Old 02-23-2008, 07:00 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Originally Posted by whalebird
now I get it... aircooled
Ya, sometimes exhaust gases get past the heat exchangers........it has weird effects on the human brain.

As for the car washes, I doubt they recycle the water up here. It wouldn't make any sense if they did. But for fun I will look into it.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:22 PM
whalebird
Race Car

A good set of SSI exchangers make all the differance in the world. The extra power and an open vent window should help with the delusions. Or are the heat exchangers really the reason? Maybe Witchdoctor could offer some insight into this strange behavior.

I am curious if they do or don't recycle wash water at the coin washes. Check into it as this can be an unwanted problem. Most modern 911s are galvanized but the rest of the suspension will suffer in the long run - same reason you don't want to drive on salted roads.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:54 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Originally Posted by whalebird
I am curious if they do or don't recycle wash water at the coin washes. Check into it as this can be an unwanted problem. Most modern 911s are galvanized but the rest of the suspension will suffer in the long run - same reason you don't want to drive on salted roads.
I just don't see it happening in Canada. Everyone uses these things up here to get rid of the salt. If they recycled the water (or brine in that case) no one would use them. It's not the cost of the water that is the issue, it's the heating of it.

At least I am hoping that is the case.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:20 PM
whalebird
Race Car

I hope so too. I do not really know how car washes work, but around here(south east) water costs are a factor in other areas of life. I will do a little search and see if there is a recycling in car washes around here. I let you know what I find out.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,712 Likes on 1,062 Posts

Originally Posted by WitchDoctor
Step into my virtual office, Doug, and tell me your troubles....

Part of my treatment will surely be to explain to your wife that your understanding of what is problem and what is solution, as implied above, is backwards. It is connection in life that is so important, and here you connect with friends, new and old. You learn new things, acquire skills and knowledge -- so it's about mastry, too. Mastry is a hallmark of mental health and emotional well being. And to what does one apply that mastry? To relieve the stresses of living in this fncked up world, of course. One's recreational pursuits--these are vital for health and longevity. Oh, some may say Porsche ownership is frivolous and the pursuit of Porschemanship (a new concept I've just invented, feel free to quote me everywhere), is expensively pointless. I, however, strenuously disagree.

It is not indulgent that you engage in things Porsche while at work--it is a sign of health. A recognition that it is the sorry b@stard who must take the relentless battering of stress all day long, only to get some relief later on. When on a long, hard, physically exhausting, unpleasant journey...one naturally stops to take breaks! Recognizing and honoring this is not sloth, it is intelligence.

I note that you end your last note with an appeal to God, and in so doing, you implicitly acknowledge recognizing there is something of spiritual significance. Someone has told you that Porsche is bad, but Porsche is good. Porsche-related...relating to others is edifying. It provides social support and, I must hasten to point out to you, the relationship of social support to physical and mental health is stronger than the relationship of smoking to lung cancer.

If you know what's good for you emotionally, spiritually, physically...then you will accept that you need to be engaged in this hobby just as you are. And any nay-sayers who benefit by our presence in their lives will just have to understand, to quote scripture, "that man cannot live by [making] bread alone."

You can argue with me, but how can you argue with God?!

Humbly submitted for your consideration.
Reminds me of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry into Values. I like this Witch Doc!
Old 02-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,712 Likes on 1,062 Posts

Originally Posted by 911vet
I'm just grateful you resisted the temptation to make a caption about me enlarging the hole in my airbox. Thank you.
LOL!! Hilarious!
Old 02-23-2008, 10:07 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WitchDoctor
Step into my virtual office, Doug, and tell me your troubles.... here you connect with friends, new and old. You learn new things, acquire skills and knowledge -- so it's about mastry, too....
So, you're saying it's ok if the most meaningful conversation I've had in months is whether the traditional method of valve adjustment is superior to the backside method?

And it isn't a sign of deviance that I enjoyed being covered in all that lube when I put on that new rubber... hey, I'm refering to the packing grease in my CV joint when I replaced the boot. What did you think I meant? Geez, are you a Freudian or something?
Old 02-25-2008, 02:46 AM
WitchDoctor
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I won't "interpret" your comment as talking dirty, and you won't make any assumptions when I ask about an appointment to bring over my pet snake.

But (somewhat more) seriously, I cant' comment on methods of valve adjustment, but I say the more one is engaged, heart, mind and body, in a positive endeavor, the better it is for them. The more you put in, the more you get out. So they say. Isn't that just a variation on the law of conservation of energy?
Old 02-26-2008, 11:08 AM
WitchDoctor
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Huh. I thought I posted a reply to this, but is seems to be gone. I must be imagining things again.

(Edited for near-plausible deniability)

I have no idea what about the particular health concerns specific to garters versus pythons.

I don't know about Jupiter, but I hear a jazz tune comin' on: (start cheesy music here) "Fly me to the moon...."

Ahhh, now that's gonna be repeating in my little brain the rest of this day.

Last edited by WitchDoctor; 02-26-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:32 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have deleted my posts in this thread and I'm leaving Rennlist for a while. I'll be back one day, as I am certain I will need to tap into the vast wealth of knowledge on this forum.

I want to thank all of you. You have been very good friends and have meant more to me than any of you can know. It's strange how a family on the internet can be almost as important to you as families in the "real world."

No one here did anything inappropriate -- except for me. And for that, I apologize.

So thank you, gentlemen. For, you all have truly been gentlemen.

I hope to be back one day. For now, I have a clutch to replace in my 911. Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

Shannon

Last edited by 911vet; 02-27-2008 at 12:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Look at me! I'm a picture whore!