Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Ever dealt with PAR in NYC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003 | 05:35 PM
thomschoon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Ever dealt with PAR in NYC?

Parcars.com has a couple of cars that look interesting such as an 81 SC euro, anybody ever dealt with them? Would you do business again? I have looked at a bunch of cars and want to make a decision shortly, I ruled out the 86/87 cars I was looking after some good feedback from folks here and a PPI. Any help is always appreciated
Old 02-24-2003 | 11:36 PM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
They are reputable. I think that you can bargain. You should still have a PPI of any used car that you're interested in purchasing.

Richard
'87 Carrera-3.6L
Old 02-25-2003 | 01:36 AM
Rob McKibbon
AutoX

Do a search on Pelicans BBS
Old 02-25-2003 | 12:52 PM
Rob McKibbon
AutoX

Thom,
I see you found the thread at Pelican.
Hope it helped, as well as entertained?

I really had to hold back from placing a post on "that" thread. Ughhh.
Old 02-25-2003 | 02:04 PM
thomschoon
Instructor

Thanx for the recomendation the thread is how should we say "interesting". The problem was that at the end, either PAR is loved or hated, I guess I will take a look and see what the cars look like.

Again, thank you for your help
Old 02-25-2003 | 05:38 PM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Some nice cars, some not-so-nice. Some as represented, some no-so-nice as represented. You can get a great car there, but you need to be careful.
Old 02-25-2003 | 07:55 PM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
(I have no affiliation with PAR) - I didn’t buy my car there but I did look at some. They are brokers and will help you negotiate a good price with the seller. They told me the repair or replacement prices of the known problems and helped me formulate a negotiating price. They can also perform any repairs before you pick up the car. The showroom is absolutely gorgeous and they are very knowledgeable. I am a seasoned car buyer and I was very impressed with their operation. Of course have your car checked by an independent, but I think they are a first rate company with years of experience and expertise with Porsche cars.

Brad
Old 02-25-2003 | 11:59 PM
Rob McKibbon
AutoX

Thom,
I've read that Pelican thread on PAR, saw your post - wish I could write something like that so quickly?? Good for you - I ditto your sentiments. I too searched the Prof's posts and became just appalled by his comments. grRRR. I love the one you quoted, what a wEtODD!

As far as PAR goes; from my research it sounds that if you deal with the owner you're OK. Although, anyone dealing in cars/motors is bound to have mixed reviews - I'm not in the auto industry, but Construction and I strive to service my clients, but no matter what; you get the bad ones.

Good luck with your search, I hope you visit the Pel-BBS more often, I enjoy it over there and enjoyed your post!

Rob

Quick Reply: Ever dealt with PAR in NYC?