Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Horsepower on sale?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Imagine the temptation we faced when we bought our house from a long time family friend. We paid $467,000 less that the identical house three doors down and more than $300,000 less than the same house across the street. Every lender on the planet was offering a HELOC and we did spend $30K on the kitchen and $30K on a "large licence" for the daycare. After all it was free money. Fortunatly after one year in the house we were able to refi our "stated income" loan to a lower rate fixed and the new payment is lower than the original loan. The payoff from the kitchen is now we have a dishwasher and every apliance has it's own circuit. The payoff on the "large licence" is my wifes income going from clearing $5,000 per month to now clearing in excess of $10,000 per month. (not that I get to see any of that)
Old 12-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Originally Posted by douglas bray
Imagine the temptation we faced when we bought our house from a long time family friend. We paid $467,000 less that the identical house three doors down and more than $300,000 less than the same house across the street. Every lender on the planet was offering a HELOC and we did spend $30K on the kitchen and $30K on a "large licence" for the daycare. After all it was free money. Fortunatly after one year in the house we were able to refi our "stated income" loan to a lower rate fixed and the new payment is lower than the original loan. The payoff from the kitchen is now we have a dishwasher and every apliance has it's own circuit. The payoff on the "large licence" is my wifes income going from clearing $5,000 per month to now clearing in excess of $10,000 per month. (not that I get to see any of that)
According to most real estate investors and real estate agents, spending money on the kitchen will provide the best value gain on a home. That $60k appears to be money well spent

I actually have an interest-only loan on my condo, but instead of paying down the loan the first 2 years, I invested into 2 houses and flipped them. I took the profits and then paid down the mortgage. I paid down more money than I could have paid down with this method, but it was risky. Glad it worked out though.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 1,067 Posts

But to get back on topic, I actually think that the new 530 Horsepower 997 GT2 is more fashionable than the "old" GT2 with it's more powerful engine.

But it seems even more fashionable that is has 50 more HP combined with 15% great fuel economy as well
Old 12-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I went back today for my bushings and looked at the sticker on the $208,000 GT3 RS and it qualifies as an eco friendly car that will get you a free pass in the HOV lane on the freeway. I think it said it was P-ZEV. No way!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:01 PM
OhioMark
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venezuela

RED 67:

No offense taken and my initial post was just the result of my first hand
knowledge of the situation. Let's hope that Chavez's defeat the other day
will be the beginning of his demise. Thanks!

Mark

Quick Reply: Horsepower on sale?