Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

MFI (Mechanical Fuel Injection) help

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 01:00 PM
gbhumphrey
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MFI (Mechanical Fuel Injection) help

Hi, I have 1971 911E and need to overhaul the MFI (Mechanical Fuel Injection) system There are multiple vacuum leaks and worn parts. As far as i know, no work has been done to the system since the car was new (36 years). I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and was hoping someone could recommend a good reliable shop to take it to for fixin. A place called Po Boy's in (fruitvale?) was recommended, but cant seem to find any contact info, anyone ever hear of them?
Old 12-05-2007, 02:09 PM
PorscheMD
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try Pacific Fuel Injection. 650-588-8880 His name is Gus.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Check out the PCA (Porsche Club of America) website, go to the region nearest to you, make contact with the technical chairman, and get referrals. You want to be very careful, and selective, of a shop to do this repair. The MFI pump will have to be overhauled by Gus (see PorscheMD's post), and the throttle bodies will have to be reconditioned by Eurometrix. That said, it must be established before doing these repairs that the engine is in first rate mechanical condition. As part of the MFI "restoration," any needed repairs to the throttle linkage must be done at the same time, as well as verifying that all temperature switches, etc., are in good working order. Be warned, unless you already know, that this job will cost you thousands of dollars, and there are many more mechanics out there that can't do the job right than can.

Quick Reply: MFI (Mechanical Fuel Injection) help