Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Anyone familiar with Midwest Performance Cars in Chicago? ...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Charles Navarro
Rennlist Member

Received 1,100 Likes on 577 Posts

I purchased my current 964 c4 cab from Midwest Performance Cars. Although I believe I may have paid a bit of a premium, I got a well sorted car and plan to purchase my next car from him again. Any expense over what I paid for the car was because of my need to do preventative maintaince that snowballed into upgrades :-)
Old 11-25-2007, 08:03 PM
joetiii
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more feedback

I have never had any dealings on the sales side od MidWest performance, but I can share a dissapointing tale about service. My early car was in for a front pan replacement as well as a replacement of rusty gas tank. Shortly after I received the car, the car was breaking down going up hill. the situation grew worse & I was left stranded in New York. The local Porsche repair facility found the fuel filters completely plugged. I would think MidWest should have cleaned the fuel lines knowing why the tank was being replaced. The Mid West perf mechanic also missed another repair opportunity because the valves were extremely noisey and out of adjustment. FWIW, This was at the beginning of my 911 ownership and I've since found a facility near my home that I trust.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:50 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,020 Posts

It’s 12-years later that I open this thread again. I’m looking for a new Indy and considering this place. Tom, the former owner, sold the shop. Different folks here now. I have heard good things.

Anyone else have a good recommendation for MPC? They seem to know how to work on classics. Any other Indy recommendations that aren’t too far away from Oak Park, IL? Motor Werks in Barrington is too far. Eurosport is too far.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:37 PM
Cherryblock
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by murphyslaw1978
It’s 12-years later that I open this thread again. I’m looking for a new Indy and considering this place. Tom, the former owner, sold the shop. Different folks here now. I have heard good things.

Anyone else have a good recommendation for MPC? They seem to know how to work on classics. Any other Indy recommendations that aren’t too far away from Oak Park, IL? Motor Werks in Barrington is too far. Eurosport is too far.

My go to not only for my P cars but for all my stuff. Andy, Jonathan and of course Emil plus the rest of the gang there are all you can ask for and more- zero hesitation in giving them a 10/10.

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with Midwest Performance Cars in Chicago? ...