Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

WTB/TRADE: I need Fuch'd

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 01:29 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTB/TRADE: I need Fuch'd

I apologize off the bat for my lack of info. I have two sets of wheels/tires I need to get rid of, and replace with a set of 16" Fuchs that will fit my '86 Carrera widebody. I don't know if I need 16x10/16x8.5, bigger, smaller, what. Does anyone know what size came stock on a '86 930?

The two sets that need to go are pictured below, the first is 18" with huge spacers, MPC is the make. The second set are 15" with no spacers, no idea who makes them, and I don't know the offsets of either right now, I have to go where the rims are and get the numbers from them.

Regards,
Russell
Attached Images   
Old 09-24-2007, 01:45 PM
arbeitm
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 930 came with 7's and 9's. That's what I have on my SC now and it is not a widebody.

As far as I know Fuchs came in 6, 7, 8, and 9's. Anything else would have to be custom made.

You could probably use a set of 944 8" Fuchs in the front. And I guess the 9's in the rear with some spacers to help fill it out.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:50 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Yep, that makes sense with what I'm finding in my searches, I just wanted to get away from spacers. I don't like the way they change the geometry of the hub-to-tire forces. But I suppose since I'm not going to track this car it won't really matter so long as the rims are strong. The 930s I've seen with stock wheels fill the well, did they come with spacers?

anyone?

Regards,
Russell
Old 09-24-2007, 02:11 PM
arbeitm
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a spacer on the rear. I don't know the size though.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:24 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Ah, thanks much for the info, so I'm looking for 7/9x16, with an undetermined spacer in the rear. This front spacer I have for the 18" will probably do the trick, it's about 2" wide IIRC.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Russell, is this desire for Fuchs to replicate a stock carrera weight and size for chip/MAS testing or are you just wanting to return the car to stock? I'm thinking if you are "testing" the car you should not be looking to see what fits under a wide body. If you were testing a 930 then fine, it would have a turbo, not just sound like a turbo and look like a turbo. If you are developing a "chip/MAS" for the largest nunber of cars then replicate the largest number of cars. the "turbo look" factory or not, is a very small minority of cars and I would think your efforts would be better served working on a stock 911 combo not a 930 combo. That would be the better test for the majority of cars. I don't try to ramble, I just remember the car was for testing and that it was a 911. Am I way off?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:07 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by douglas bray
Russell, is this desire for Fuchs to replicate a stock carrera weight and size for chip/MAS testing or are you just wanting to return the car to stock? I'm thinking if you are "testing" the car you should not be looking to see what fits under a wide body. If you were testing a 930 then fine, it would have a turbo, not just sound like a turbo and look like a turbo. If you are developing a "chip/MAS" for the largest nunber of cars then replicate the largest number of cars. the "turbo look" factory or not, is a very small minority of cars and I would think your efforts would be better served working on a stock 911 combo not a 930 combo. That would be the better test for the majority of cars. I don't try to ramble, I just remember the car was for testing and that it was a 911. Am I way off?
Hey Douglas,

The wheels have nothing to do with the development. I'm going to drive the car and the 18" rims are a little 'flashy' for my taste (as if the car isn't), and the 15" just are not the correct size for the car at all. So it is simply a personal preference of getting Fuchs or something along those lines that appeal to me as I will be driving the car. The car was indeed intended to be used for testing, then sold once I have a product line derived from it. But I like it, I think I'll keep it. I'm probably going to be using a Dynapak dyno for testing, which bolts up to the hubs, so the wheels/tires won't matter for that. But I would also like to do a 'bit' of track testing if I find that possible.

Regards,
Russell
Old 09-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry I didn't get the "BLING" part of the deal. I do like the 16's much better. I love the 935 and wish you the best. It's funny how they grow on you. I bet several of us didn't think you could have a test only car very long without falling in love with it. sorry for the confusion on my part. keep us posted on the developments...
Old 09-26-2007, 03:51 PM
mel_t_vin
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Russell,

'86-'89 930's came from the factory with 7" front [ET 23] and 9" rear [ET 15] 16" Fuchs. If I recall correctly, the factory also supplied these cars with 28mm spacers [930 331 611 04] in the rear. But prepare yourself, 9" Fuchs are neither inexpensive or easy to come by. Good luck.

Allen
Old 09-26-2007, 05:06 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by mel_t_vin
Russell,

'86-'89 930's came from the factory with 7" front [ET 23] and 9" rear [ET 15] 16" Fuchs. If I recall correctly, the factory also supplied these cars with 28mm spacers [930 331 611 04] in the rear. But prepare yourself, 9" Fuchs are neither inexpensive or easy to come by. Good luck.

Allen
I put the 18"s back on as the 15" were pitted pretty bad inside, I don't trust them, so they are basically junk, I can't sell crappy rims to anyone. I'll probably pick up the Fuchs I need over time, it's not a "have to have" thing.

Thanks for the info!

Regards,
Russell

Quick Reply: WTB/TRADE: I need Fuch'd