Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

cross post my "new" SC

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Default cross post my "new" SC

I sold my 964 and bought an 82 Euro SC. Here's a link to the thread on the 964 board.
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/379962-my-new-car.html

For you SC owners I have a question. My battery is just sitting there not secured and it needs to be secured to pass tech for a DE I'm doing this weekend. It looks like the present battery is too big to be used with the stock clamp (which is missing anyway) so I need to rig something up. Has anyone made their own bracket for the larger modern batteries? Pics would be great.

thanks
Old 09-24-2007, 09:29 AM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a similar battery issue except that the one I had was seemingly too small. My shop let me know there are holes in two places, to accommodate two different battery sizes. You might be able to buy a battery box/mount kit from someplace like Rennline but those are expensive. If your battery is one of the two correct sizes it would be better to just get the bracket or just go get a new battery.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:38 AM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any pics handy, but many of us have "plates" for securing Optima batterys (i.e. the battery is screwed to the plate). Hope this helps, maybe it will give you an idea:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...ptima+mounting

Keith
'88 CE coupe
Old 09-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

So the Optima has holes in it to mount to those screws on the homemade plate? I looked at Optima's website but they don't list a battery for any 1982 Porsche. The optional bent lip is for putting underneath that flange that's welded into the car?
Old 09-24-2007, 11:07 AM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the Optimas have holes that mount to the plate. That is an "Optima" solution, but maybe it will give you an idea for your specific battery. Plenty of us use Optimas, so you should be able to find the size if you search some threads here (or on Pelican), but I don't recall from memory.

Keith
'88 CE coupe
Old 09-24-2007, 11:11 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome Chris! Nice choice to pick up an SC. You now can join the SCWDP (SC World Domination Plot)!

Being that you are in KY, you ought to come down for one of our MTFR's (Mid TN Fun Run's). The next one is going to be just west of Nashville on Saturday, October 20th. You can email me at vanweys@charter.net if interested, and I will send you the details.

Shane

Quick Reply: cross post my "new" SC