Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Got pulled over-1st time in 15 yrs

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Like you, I am pretty diligent in playing by the rules, but I'm still more than a touch paranoid with the police. (There's probably some deep rooted persecution complex psychology going on here, but I digress.) I keep copies of my check/online receipt, etc. in my car until my new registration sticker arrives in the mail. That way, in case the post office screws up, I'm covered.

So long as they don't shoot me as I reach into my glove box....
Old 08-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Murphy, 35+ times!!!!! now I know why you are working in Tokyo...35 times. I guess I wouldn't last an hour in Chicago.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:39 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,149 Likes on 823 Posts

Originally Posted by srf506
Well, I'm glad they got another hardened criminal off the streets and away from us decent folks! Imagine, expired registration! What some people won't stoop to!

Why didn't the cop make both your days, smile pleasently and just give you a warning while you profusely thanked him for pointing out your obvious oversight and allowing you to immediately remedy the situation after reaching your destination? It would've been a win-win. And the police wonder why no one likes them?
Because the cop was going for the microwave ?
Old 08-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,745 Likes on 1,085 Posts

I lived in a small town where the cops didn't have much to do. Combine that with a Purple 1968 Chevy Nova with loud pipes, and they would pull me over just looking at me. Again, many pull-overs, but not many tickets. I was once pulled over for "looking suspicious." I guess I drove so many miles while in high school that all that time behind the wheel will yield pull-overs.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,745 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Actually, Chicago is not that bad. They'll let you run 80mph on the highways, run red lights, etc. They are pretty lenient, IMO. But they will get you on parking tickets. I had 6 parking tickets in 2 months on the 911.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:40 AM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Went to court this morning at 7:45, waited on line for about 40 minutes and explained to the DA that it was an oversight on my part and he dismissed the charges

John
Old 09-19-2007, 10:48 AM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GothingNC
Went to court this morning at 7:45, waited on line for about 40 minutes and explained to the DA that it was an oversight on my part and he dismissed the charges

John
Excellent! Too bad that doesn't work for speeding tickets too...excuse me your honor, it was oversight on my part that I was clocked at 90. I meant to be clocked at 70 instead
Old 09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
bargamon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 70 year old mother who is in grad school was leaving the college yesterday and got a ticket for 44 in a 35 in her Avalon! The cop was imbarrassed and told her to go to court.

Go get the reggie done and take it to court.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Ron89930
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on getting it dropped. That was 40 minutes well spent.

It's been more years than I care to think about since I got pulled over for speed in my old '72 Chevelle when I was a kid.

Earlier this spring, though, I got pulled over in my 930. Now I KNEW he didn't catch me speeding. I saw him witting in the median, but didn't notice him pull out behind me.
He asked for my license and registration, ran 'em, and came back to the car.
"You got a front plate for this car?" Yes, I do. It's actually just in the trunk up front.
"You just get this car?" Yeah, I got it in Ohio last fall. Just got it out for the summer. No front plates in Ohio.
"Well, we have 'em here in Minnesota." Yep, I went to put it on, but the holes don't line up...
"You can get a bracket at any car parts store. Have a nice day."

And that was it. No fix it ticket, or anything.

So I guess he was nice enough, but something deep down still thinks he just wanted to be the cop that everyone saw pulling over the cool Porsche. 'Cuz everyone KNOWS what the Porsche was doing to get pulled over, don't they?

Ron

Quick Reply: Got pulled over-1st time in 15 yrs