Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

SCWDP Badge Ordering info... finally!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 12:55 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default SCWDP Badge Ordering info... finally!

Hey guys! Just heard back from our badge maker and I feel good about the final details now.

The website is not ready (duh!)... Bob Butler has graciously offered to help put it together, but everyone has personal lives and it may be a few days, etc before we are ready with that. So, I think I have figured out a decent way to accept your orders and keep things organized and orderly.

I am going to use the Paypal invoice system. Here is what needs to happen.: You send me an email (vanweys@charter.net)[
When you email me, PLEASE PUT PELICAN SCWDP BADGE ORDER in the subject line.] telling me your email address you use for Paypal, and tell me how many badges you want to purchase. I will then invoice you fom Paypal requesting payment. You pay through Paypal and we have an order! For those that can't or won't use Paypal, please email me with the same info and state that you need to pay by mail for whatever reason. If you are anywhere other than US or Canada, you will need to email me your shipping info so I can get you a quote for postage.

As stated before, the cost will be $38 per badge including shipping and packaging for each badge, shipped (once again) to anywhere in US or Canada. The cost is $68 for 2 badges shipped as above.

We need to set a deadline for the initial order. I leave for Kona, HI next Thursday, so let's set the deadline for next Tuesday, 8/14. I will probably order a few extras for stragglers or those out of town. We have to order at least 40 badges to place the order. It will take 3-5 weeks for me to receive the badges, depending on their workload.

If you should have any further questions, please feel free to email me.

When you email me, PLEASE PUT PELICAN SCWDP BADGE ORDER in the subject line.

Thanks,

Shane Van Wey
vanweys@charter.net

Last edited by v8_ranch; 02-19-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,377 Likes on 506 Posts

Hey how does it mount to the car??? I wanna slap one on the hood in place of my missing crest....due to fiberglass hood...

Also if you want someone to create the website I can do it...I do everything in flash....

examples of my two websites...

Eurocompulsion.net ---under reconstruction
2point5.org from my subie days...
Old 08-10-2007, 12:13 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

It will come with a threaded nut or fitting tacked to backside. From that, you attach the included nylon threaded rod and then through the grille slats (or a hole on your hood or whatever else). Then a nylon keeper (large washer) goes on backside of grille on to the stud, and is held in place with a nylon nut.

You could also knock off the threaded mount and use doublesided auto tape.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:24 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

BTW, I like the direction you're headed in with the eurocompulsion website. Nice work!
Old 08-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Payment sent....thanks for all the hard work getting these made they look fantastic, when I get it I will figure out where Im gonna mount it.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:55 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Thanks Chris. Got it...

I will still send you an invoice somewtime tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Old 08-11-2007, 03:30 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Hello all,

All invoices for requests for badges I have received so far have been sent out. If you did not get one and think you should have, please email me again and let me know.

Thanks guys!
Old 08-13-2007, 12:21 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

We are up to 59 members now...

Just a quick reminder, that the deadline to order is 8/14.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2007, 03:48 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

we're up to 75 now. I thought I would give one final bump here. I appreciate everyone involved. This has been fun. For those of you that still want SCWDP membership, but prefer decals over badges, take heart... you can get a member# too. When we close out this order, I will post another thread asking for you to email me with a desire to become an offical plotter. Those that have already emailed me about this earlier, and did not want a badge, I will add you in as soon as this is done, also in the order that you emailed me.

Thanks again all. And as a teaser, just wait. Bob Butler just sent me the first go around on the website development. I like it! Many thanks to Bob for helping on this. Also, thanks to those others who offered their help as well. We'll keep you posted for the website unveiling....

SV
Old 09-24-2007, 11:24 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

UPDATE!

I just got word that the first 60 badges should get to me in 2-3 days. The other 40 are almost done, but still in production. I will start going down the list as far as priority of shipping, and I will try to get thme out this week, if they get to me in time.

Thanks for everyone's patience.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:31 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

OK< this is weird... the guy emailed me today and said the badges were being sent today by USPS Priority shipping... well, either USPS has become extremely efficient (nahhhhhhh!), or he meant to say they should be here today... cause that's what they did. They showed up today... At least 60 of them anyway. As you can see in the pics, they came very well packaged...

The reason I bring up the packaging is because I planned to engrave each one with your associated number(s)... I can still do this if you really want it, OR I can just get the things shipped out. You know your numbers ( I included it with your invoice, and it will be with a copy of your invoice when I ship them out as well). I am going to plan to just ship them out unless I hear from you directly about your badge.

I have not inspected each badge, but have spot checked one from each group of 10 badges. If you get yours and there is something wrong, pleae let me know promptly.

Here are some omre pics to enjoy.

Last edited by v8_ranch; 02-19-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:39 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Very cool......I thought you bought the new wheels with the money Joking of course..they look fantastic...
Old 09-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

looks like bricks of coke, but I bet you guys would rather have the badges. makes me wish I could get away with that on my car. good job.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Cars with real names, Carreras, don't need no stinkin' badges!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 12:44 AM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I probably missed the thread, but is there a story to the inside joke of the "world domination plot?" Just curious...the badges look extremely well done, btw.

Quick Reply: SCWDP Badge Ordering info... finally!