Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

SCWDP Badge Ordering info... finally!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 01:10 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002M3Drew
I probably missed the thread, but is there a story to the inside joke of the "world domination plot?" Just curious...the badges look extremely well done, btw.
Just search SCWDP here or on Pelican and you will find some reading material. I would find the threads for you but I need to get to sleep. Good luck... just be careful, you may want to align yourself with the Plot!
Old 09-26-2007, 01:41 AM
DARISC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Cars with real names, Carreras, don't need no stinkin' badges!!!
Oh!! I justh have to thay, Ed, that table lamp bayth that you thow in your avatar ith thtunning and georgeouth!! Tho few 3.0 crank shaft thingies gone bad are out there that you hardly EVER thee one turned into thutch a marvelouth lamp!

Old 09-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Instructor

Hey, just ship the Badge! I'll figure out the Number thing! Looks great! Can't wait! Thanks for all of your efforts on this neat project!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 483 Posts

Recieved badge..looks great..may go on hood.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:23 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Great! Make sure you post a picture...

Shane
Old 10-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Instructor

Default Photo Up...

Pix up! I had a spot at the top ot the Grill that didn't hit the Condenser, so there it is, for now...

I set a neoprene washer around the mounting boss to keep it from rattling on the Grill, slipped the bolt thru and tightened her up, with a lock washer between the nut and the flat washer...

And there you have it!
Attached Images  
Old 10-03-2007, 10:30 PM
DARISC
Racer

Cars with real names, Carreras, don't need no stinkin' badges!!!
Nice new avatar!
Finish the table lamp?
You really should lower the riciculously high front end of that Porsche (Cur era).

Last edited by DARISC; 10-04-2007 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by DARISC
Oh!! I justh have to thay, Ed, that table lamp bayth that you thow in your avatar ith thtunning and georgeouth!! Tho few 3.0 crank shaft thingies gone bad are out there that you hardly EVER thee one turned into thutch a marvelouth lamp!

There've been more than a few SC's with the same affliction. When you miss a shift in a Carrera, however, it probably bends the valves quicker. I read somewhere where it takes well over 200 HP to really bend the valves well. An SC just misses on that mark, I believe.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

that high front end is 'cause the engine is out. get a clue
Old 10-03-2007, 11:48 PM
DARISC
Racer

Originally Posted by douglas bray
that high front end is 'cause the engine is out. get a clue
HA HA! Geez, that flew right by me! Of course - take the engine out of the front & up she goes !
Old 10-04-2007, 12:05 AM
DARISC
Racer

There've been more than a few SC's with the same affliction. When you miss a shift in a Carrera, however, it probably bends the valves quicker.

That's interesting, Ed - why would that be?

I read somewhere where it takes well over 200 HP to really bend the valves well. An SC just misses on that mark, I believe.

Mine's an RoW which has 9.8:1 cr and was rated at 204hp. I put SSIs and a Dansk 2 in/2 out on it and from what I've read on these forums it's maybe making 220 hp? Feels like it!

I can't say that it eats Carreras for breakfast though. But then again, I never eat breakfast .

When are you going to post some more of your great pics of your work in progress?
Old 10-24-2007, 12:55 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Default UPDATE!!

Greetings Plotters…

I wanted to send out a quick update for everyone.

1. BADGE STATUS

To those who have ordered badges at this point. First of all, thank you for your patience. This adventure has been a lesson in patience for me as well, I assure you. As I mentioned last time, the manufacturer made a mistake on our order and did not send me the full 40 badges, but 25 instead (in the second shipment). They are rushing the missing 15 badges through this week (meaning putting us ahead of all other work) an should be done this week, which means, I probably will not receive the last 15 badges until next week sometime. The 25 badges I received last week have been sent out to the next persons in line, and you should start receiving them – hopefully some of you already have. I will try to make time later today to send out another email just to those who ordered badges and give you a detailed breakdown of who has been sent a badge, who is next in line, and then asking for clarification on any that may have possibly got overlooked in the ordering process somehow. All 100 badges have been spoken for at this point, but I am having 10 more made, so hopefully next week, I will have those as well…

2. TEE’s and DECALS

I know everyone has awaited these patiently as well, but it has truly been another lesson in patience on my end with various problems over the last few months. I am comfortable with the vendors I have been working with the last 3 weeks and thinks we are just about there FINALLY! Due to time constraints on my end, I had to make the decision to scale back and keep things somewhat simple for now. That means, basically one design for the Tee and decal. I am attaching an image of what the basic layout will be, but it will obviously look much better when actually printed. Also on the attached image of the window decal, the white background in the center is only to represent a clear background. I would like your opinions on the decal, meaning, would you prefer the clear background or keep the solid printed black background? I may have both done, but would be interested in what the group prefers. When you look at these, keep in mind that the text in t he center (SCWDP) is being worked on still so that it does not actually touch the sides on the ring. Tee’s will be 6.1 oz 100% cotton. You can basically have whatever color they have available, but I am trying to decide whether to limit it to a few choices for now, honestly, to only make it easier for me to keep sorted out. XXL and larger will be available for an extra charge. I hate to say it again, but truly, I think we will be ready to start the ordering process on these in the next few days sometime.

We should also have the polo’s available for order about the same time as well.

Thanks again,

Shane Van Wey

Last edited by v8_ranch; 02-19-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:16 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Private message sent v8ranch.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:11 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

I have one badge left that I need to retap and cut new all thread for. However, I have had a few people emailing asking about badges... And, it seems we are adding a few SC owners on board lately. I am considering ordering more more badges. It would take another 3-5 weeks to get them in once ordered. I would have to order at least 25. I wanted to see if there was enough interest to warrant... same deal as before, $38 each shipped, $43 anywhere outside US/Canada. Or $68 for 2, add $5 for international again. Please email me if you are interested and include "SCWDP BADGE" as subject. Email me at shane@scwdp.com.

On another note, believe it or not, work is still progressing on website and on the decals, shirts, caps, etc. The printers are finally doing the production proofs for me. I have not put out any ordering info yet as I am trying to get actual photos for the ordering page on the website... hopefully sometime this next week I will have something ready on this. I hope everyone likes stickers, I had to preorder those to get them done at 125 each of exterior adhesive type and 125 of the interior static cling type.

The plot rolls on...

Quick Reply: SCWDP Badge Ordering info... finally!