Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Loss of interest

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 01:42 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 481 Posts

Bang head on hard object repeatedly.....You've lost interest? The bump you get from banging your head is a MEMORY bump it will help you remember why you have and are working on the car.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:29 AM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fty
Bang head on hard object repeatedly.....You've lost interest? The bump you get from banging your head is a MEMORY bump it will help you remember why you have and are working on the car.
I will save your advice for last.................................
Old 06-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Vinobien
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .

Sounds like me except that I don't have a project.

I recentlly was going to sell my car after it sat in the garage needing no work. After receiving tons of interested buyers I asked myself why I was selling it if there are so many people that want it., I joined this site and have found a new found interest in the car ... thanks. I upgraded the clutch, put on a cat pipe and a sport muffler. I got ris of the Autothority chip for a SW chip. So glad I kept it.

My advice .. Pay someone to finish it if you can. Then drive it!
Old 06-30-2007, 12:48 AM
LaughaC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, it's all about the driving experience for me. I alternate between my 911 and my vette. The vette is great for low-speed drifting and 0-60 launches but is a pig in the curves compared with my 911's light and nimble traction.

Also, on a dry surface my vette's anti-lock brakes can't stop nearly as short as my 911 with some carefull brake pedal modulation.

Haven't brought myself to sell either one yet, but I would trade the vette for a good 3.2+ engine in an instant. My 2.7 is good, but more torque would be better.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:29 AM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ME paying someone to finish it would be sacrilege and bad luck since I'm more than capable of doing it myself. I have the money to do it but that kind of defeats a purpose of this car. It won't mean as much in the end result. The only pieces I'm farming out are the 915, Targa top, and paint work for the stone chips.

I have sold off other cars because I'd rather see it live on then sit and collect dust and get driven once every two months. Like my blue GTI I would take to Costco or for Coffee, drive it 10 miles and then park it for two weeks or more.

Quick Reply: Loss of interest