Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

June Excellence SC weight

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The bumpers really are not that heavy, are they?
Old 06-10-2007, 05:23 PM
johndglynn
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dbryant61
I received some advice a while back from Walt Fricke: Don't remove the bumpers, especially if you are club racing or D.E.ing. The weight-savings won't matter that much if your car encounters another car, a tire barrier, or Armco. Those 5 mph bumpers may save you significant costs of fender, houd/lid, and tub damage.
But by the same token, if you hit the front the wrong way with the ally bumpers, you can tweak the whole front end sideways and it can cost just as much money to repair as a bent wing, if not more. Two friends of mine have tweaked their fronts in relatively low-speed track and street impacts in the last 6 months and, even with no real panel damage, both were somewhat costly repairs involving jigging.

My car still has a few creature comforts, full glass and the aluminium bumpers and weighs in at 2150lbs with a more or less empty gas tank and no me in it. It has been acid dipped and has a bunch of lighter alumiunim parts in it, panels all steel apart from bonnet (hood) and engine cover. I am just about to take more off with an Odyssey, lightweight starter and some other bits, target is 2100lbs before I take more off with SSIs and a custom muffler.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:46 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by randywebb
My wt. compilation may help. Also read the old Excellnce article on Jim Calzia's car, & see his wt. data (cited in my word doc).

Good Luck.
Ooops -- here it is:
http://www.penaltykicker.com/911/data/
Old 06-10-2007, 07:33 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,119 Likes on 801 Posts

took my car to the weigh scales and got out. half a tank of gas, 1223KG. Guess my car needs to go on a diet . all stock with a factory tail added

Quick Reply: June Excellence SC weight