Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Boycott Rusnak Porsche Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boycott Rusnak Porsche Dealers

Wow its incredible how huge of jerks these people are. I called their parts department and asked them if they had rubber sway bar bushings in stock. Their answer was "No but the local shop has them its $29.00 a piece." And when I said "Wow thats triple what everyone else charges" (and I was saying this not to bargain with him but just out of surprise) he said "Well then go get it from them". Before I could even say anything he hung up on me. What a d*&k! I guess thats the kind of service you get when you only pay upwards of 80K for an automobile
Old 05-24-2007, 03:35 PM
rentadate
Instructor

oshin, sorry to say but I don't feel sorry for ya. Reason being I'm a store owner. I get complaints about my products being over priced. I sell Silver, Gold, and stones from across the board. I don't determine the price of the stuff, supply and demand does.

And each store owner has to make a profit in selling their wares. There is obviously a margin added to the items, because no business is in business for a charity. (not even charities themselves). You were complaining to a dealer about the price, and I agree that he could of handled it better, the responsibility rests with you, the customer.

I can't help what he did, but you should of been a little more understanding and left it at that and looked around for the part somewhere else. Either way he couldn't have helped you.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Why do you think everyone looks at us like they do. it's an ego thing. he gets paid to be a snot. his bushings are better. his bushing are far better. remember to them you are just driving a used car. if it isn't a 997 it is just a glorified bug.

I actually did o.k. at Walter's in riverside. I wanted a key, and speakers for the back and they wanted to see to car. the sales department held me there just looking at my car. said they could still sell it on the lot if I wanted to re-up.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:50 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, I gotta at least partially disagree with you on this... I can see what you meant by the price being higher possibly because of the area (doesn't mean I agree that it should be, but that is the way it goes in business)... But I think you missed the point here, the guy was a complete snot to him and that IS unwarranted. If I ever had an employee treat a customer that way, they would be looking for a new source of income as soon as I found out and verified the details. My 2 cents....

Originally Posted by rentadate
oshin, sorry to say but I don't feel sorry for ya. Reason being I'm a store owner. I get complaints about my products being over priced. I sell Silver, Gold, and stones from across the board. I don't determine the price of the stuff, supply and demand does.

And each store owner has to make a profit in selling their wares. There is obviously a margin added to the items, because no business is in business for a charity. (not even charities themselves). You were complaining to a dealer about the price, and I agree that he could of handled it better, the responsibility rests with you, the customer.

I can't help what he did, but you should of been a little more understanding and left it at that and looked around for the part somewhere else. Either way he couldn't have helped you.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:57 PM
arbeitm
Burning Brakes

Rusnak....that was the place I leased my Audi A4 from back in 2000 when I used to live in CA. Sales department was good.

I hear what you are saying. I once used the Porsche dealer here in Manhattan to get some parts for my 944. It took forever to get them in, one part never came in, they couldn't care less and what I saved in shipping from getting them on the internet I paid in time getting over there.

So after that I stick with our internet suppliers...Pelican, Paragon...etc.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

oshin, I kinda remember when I needed a brakelight switch Walter's wanted twice what performance wanted but was out of stock. your guy at Rusnak was out of stock and did give you an alternative source. sounds helpful at any price. he has no idea how many grand you have spent on upgrades and repairs in the last couple of months. the guy in the parts dept. went as far as to tell me to say it was for a bug, not a 911... it was 1/2 off that way for the same part number. you guy gave you the price of someone else's store....he may have been wrong, it may have been less, but at least it may have been in stock. if you are comparing it to say an internet source, they don't even have to store it. they don't have to pack it. they don't have to ship it. they don't have to hold the note on it. all that guy has to do is make sure your computer tells his computer, and his computer tells the manufacturer to ship it. zero cost involved...none he can sell 5% over cost and make a killing.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:52 PM
samuel kinter
Track Day

we have the same problem here in west palm beach with brahamans motor cars they won't even look up from there computer's when you walk in the door being in high -end sales myself, yacht brokerage I do not understand how they stay in business.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:43 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GET ALL YOUR OE STUFF FROM SUNSET PORSCHE...best prices I've found. Smart guys and discount to Cali residents...800-346-0182. No affiliation, just a happy customer.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:11 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

Sunset, Stoddard are good dealers.

Pelican is good for parts as are some others.

Yo might write a letter to the dealer's General Manager. It takes only slightly more time than posting on the Internet and is far more effective. CC: PCNA on it. It will also help if you can point to a some periodic purchases or leases of new vehicles. You can also discuss the free advertising that P AG gets from having the classic cars on the road and having the drivers of said cars talk to prosepective buyers.

OTOH, the guy was probably in a hurry. He surely does not want to do camel trading style dickering over a very cheap part.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Instructor

Sunset, specifically Jeff, is fantastic! O'Daniels Porsche in Ft. Wayne, IN also great. 944OnLine, specifically Ian and his crew; Paragon Products, specifically Jason, is also fantastic...jumped thru hoops to get me some stuff they did not have in stock; had it drop shipped direct from the Manufacturer. Pelican is ALWAYS super helpful...Glen and Tom there... probably many more, but without the above folks, I would have given up on Porsches many years ago!
Old 05-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Ok I think my point was missed....I wasn't angry about the price, I was angry at the tone of voice the rep gave me. "Then go somewhere else....click". I mean I have heard so big jerks on the phone in my time, and I could have understood if he said "then go somewhere else", because I was actually about to say "I didn't mean it that way sir" but I just heard the phone drop mid phrase haha. And I understand that some of you have businesses but COME ON, they are selling like 400% of wholesale. Pelican parts makes money, they sell them for 11.00 a piece....112.00 dollars for 4 little rubber pieces is a little ridiculous to me. To be honested I expected 17.00 a piece or something in that range from the dealer, I know dealers jack up prices but I was just astonished by the margin between Pelican and Porsche on this particular bushing. Sometimes the prices are actually pretty close and Pelican is just slightly cheaper, but not in this case. And Doug, I do believe the Porsche Dealer bushings are exactly the same ones Pelican sells. Anyways just to clear it up I was only mad at him hanging up on a customer, thats a big no-no. I would have called his manager but I didn't really care.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:07 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

No, didn't miss your point. Go to Sunset....click.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:13 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

No, you're wrong!!!!! if it comes from PORSCHE is has to be better.

come on, it was funny

it's all scrap chum and ash that got really hot
Old 05-25-2007, 02:47 AM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

LOL i love you guys
Old 05-25-2007, 05:58 AM
911pcars
Racer

I've had good customer service from my limited experience with the Rusnak parts dept. However, the treatment you received was not acceptable. I'd follow Randy's suggestion and send the parts manager/GM/dealer principle a note describing your experience. The dealer's livelihood depends on good customer relation scores from the JD Powers of the world. If they don't respond, they don't care, but I don't think Rusnak got to where they are by ignoring basic customer service.

Just going to another dealer isn't going fix the issue with the one butthole for his attitude (maybe just a bad day at the office). Whatever. Having a friendly local dealer is worth having. For the dealer, having satisfied customers should be a goal.

Sherwood

Quick Reply: Boycott Rusnak Porsche Dealers