Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

modified the bill of sale...good or bad idea???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 04:39 PM
thedyingiraffe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spider911
To the Thedyinggiraffe, I don't know where you get your info on taxes in Texas, but i can assure you that just because we don't have a state income tax, doesn't mean we have low taxes. My property taxes plus the 8.5% sales tax and the other taxes I pay aren't cheap. Sir, Can you provide me with the source of your database info as I would like to learn how I pay less? Thanks in advance.
SO???? We all pay taxes. My gallon of gas is 50% tax. I pay 50% income tax. Goods and services tax is 15%... Don't start lecturing a Canadian about paying taxes because you can't win!!!

Like killingmoon65 said, it seems like you guys like paying taxes. Knock yourselves out, because we all know that taxes related to driving (gas, permits, tickets, etc) will be reinvested in roads and related infrastructures.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:34 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,177 Likes on 844 Posts

This is funniest thread I have read in a while .. some classic lines ..

Marc you beat me to the punchline ..

I was going to say " and still being smart enough to buy a Porsche .. priceless...

An American lecturing a Canadian about paying tax .... even funnier ...

and the line about being lectured to by his mom ... just priceless....

oh and he did post on the Canadian forum , the responses were just as funny ....
Old 04-27-2007, 01:53 AM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

"we all know that taxes related to driving (gas, permits, tickets, etc) will be reinvested in roads and related infrastructures"....[that the heavy 18 wheeler trucks tear apart.]
Old 04-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,778 Likes on 1,113 Posts

I am fairly proficient in the real estate [tax], capital gains [tax] laws and small business [tax] law. What I've learned is that you should research your tax law before you buy. That way, you can legally take advantage of all the loopholes and save a ton of money.

Eat this one by paying full price, but next time, research all the loopholes and see if you can take advantage of them.

Last edited by Mike Murphy; 04-27-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:39 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by randywebb
"we all know that taxes related to driving (gas, permits, tickets, etc) will be reinvested in roads and related infrastructures"....[that the heavy 18 wheeler trucks tear apart.]
or it gets pooled into the general fund to help support the the habits of the stay at home welfare who end up having 10 kids to collect more revenue...
Old 04-27-2007, 05:10 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 501 Likes on 267 Posts

The more people try to cheat the system, the more places will do like Texas. They used to take your word if you bought a car for $2k. Now, they look up what that car should be worth, and charge you tax on that.

So if I found a really nice buy, but the state thinks I should pay more, they make me.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I did a small "home improvement project" and added a "front porch" to the house. the permit was just over $100.00, no big deal. the lumber was $1,600. to the city the "value" was $6,000 if I had had a contractor do the work. so my taxes on the house went up and I am sure will, over the life of the house, exceed the original $1,600 porch. on the other hand my wife uses the house as a "day care center" and every dime we make is tax free. not just tax free, we get a refund usually oner $6,000. take that. how do you think my wife had the money to get the 911 anyway.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:26 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

I had that happen to me too. Even checked to see if you were in Orygun... mlaw is right tho - I'll bet that if you read the code very carefully you could have built a deck instead or a smaller porch or something and escaped.

The welfare queen comment has been pretty thoroughly debunked. I'm sure someone somewhere has done that to get more welfare $$, but it is statistically insignificant. And welfare is sharply limited these days anyway (except to large oil companies and similar 'contributors.')

Taxes provide services. If you don't want any govt services, then you can be anti-tax. If you want rods, cops, social services so we need fewer cops, education (so there are more high earners later on to help with the tax burden), LL ballfields, parks, yada yada then you are limited to efficiency in collection & spending, and to spreading the burden fairly over various income or asset levels and over various business sizes and categories. But you can't be anti-tax.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:22 PM
MY86Carrera
Racer

SeanR +1
Old 04-28-2007, 08:25 AM
Daniel Dudley
Rennlist Member

If i had written the PO a check for a certain amount, and that was the amount on the bill of sale, That is the amount I would declare. Did I ''finish'' The transaction with cash ? Who could say ? I'm pretty sure that I just wrote a check. Very sure. I have the check stub and reciept.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 55 Posts

Hello, I'm with Canadian Customs. We'd like to talk to you, as would the RCMP. Please PM me the best number and time to reach you.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Spider911
To the Thedyinggiraffe, I don't know where you get your info on taxes in Texas, but i can assure you that just because we don't have a state income tax, doesn't mean we have low taxes. My property taxes plus the 8.5% sales tax and the other taxes I pay aren't cheap. Sir, Can you provide me with the source of your database info as I would like to learn how I pay less? Thanks in advance.
I agree with the gist of some of your statement. But, coming from California to Texas, back in 2000, my wife and I would've paid $25K in Cali state income tax, had our income been the same there. That pays for a lot of property and sales tax. Keep in mind Cali isn't bashful about taxing property if you don't qualify for protection under Prop 13. I think that Texas compared to California, at least, is a lot more efficient, hence our overall taxes are MUCH lower than that state's.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:01 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ed, you aren't really with custom's are you? Ha Ha .

Quick Reply: modified the bill of sale...good or bad idea???