Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Free new product in exchange for Porsche help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Birdman_Ferrari
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Free new product in exchange for Porsche help!

Hi Everyone,
Please don't yell at me....I'm a Ferrari guy (308) and I have developed an inexpensive product to help with an annoying trait in the 308, which is the driver's floor mat sliding forward and pushing on the gas pedal when you don't want it to. We call it the Italian Cruise Control, and it's dangerous at worst and annoying at best.

So I made some clips that retain the carpets (I almost called them Carpet Munchers, ha ha). But I had to have a boatload of them made in order to get the price reasonable. Since I have a bunch of them, I would like to find out if they will fit other sports cars, particularly the older 911s, 928s, etc. Maybe Porsche, being more meticulously engineered for driver comfort already thought of that....I'm not sure.

What I would like to offer is I will send a pair of these clips for free to a few people that will test them for me. I would like to find a couple Porsche experts that can tell me what models they will likely fit.

This site won't let a noob post a link to pictures of the clip, so just e-mail me if you are interested and I'll send you to the site via e-mail so you can see what they look like.

I am NOT trying to sell these on this site, I am asking for help and I am GIVING some of these away FREE to people who will just test them for me. No strings attached. You can keep them, use them, give them away, whatever. Just drop me a line, tell me what car you have and give me a mailing address.

Thanks!! You can contact me via my e-mail:

(Which it won't let me post)

Thanks in advance.

Birdman
Old 02-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Birdman_Ferrari
Cruisin'

I guess that if anyone wants to try these, they will have to just respond here since I can't post anything that shows pictures or my e-mail address.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Birdman:

Sliding carpets is a problem in 911's (that all I know) and I'd be pleased to try a pair to see if they work.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

That is a known problem. I'll try some if you need more help....
Old 02-22-2007, 03:35 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 321 Likes on 209 Posts

Birdman - that is nice of you. I don't need one, but it's a cool thing to do.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

It is a problem in our cars. The last original carpet sets I got had a clip with a strap that you could attach to the bottom of the seat to keep the carpets from sliding... working so far.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Birdman_Ferrari
Cruisin'

Ah ha!! The Germans have the same problem that the Italians have! Must be an axis powers thing. (That's a little WW2 humor....)

Thank you all for volunteering to be my test pilots!! Please send me an e-mail via PM (since I can't post my e-mail address) and everyone that has volunteered up till now gets carpet munchers! I mean mat grabbers. Steve, Juan, Wachuko, just send me a note with your address and which model you have so I can keep track. All I ask is for some feedback later on if they fit and how you like them!! They will ship tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Birdman
Old 02-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi Birdman:

Currently, you cannot get PM's so click on my Website URL for the address. These will be tested on a '74 911.

(couple of my best friends have 308's and I've never held that against them
Old 02-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Birdman_Ferrari
Ah ha!! The Germans have the same problem that the Italians have! Must be an axis powers thing. (That's a little WW2 humor....)

Thank you all for volunteering to be my test pilots!! Please send me an e-mail via PM (since I can't post my e-mail address) and everyone that has volunteered up till now gets carpet munchers! I mean mat grabbers. Steve, Juan, Wachuko, just send me a note with your address and which model you have so I can keep track. All I ask is for some feedback later on if they fit and how you like them!! They will ship tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Birdman
No problems with me posting my email here: wachuko67@aim.com
I will try them with the 2002 996TT
Old 02-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

BTW, that is one beautiful 308!! I have read a few of your posts in http://ferrarichat.com/forum/ (I admit it! I would like to own a Ferrari at some point in my life.... )

Link to your site: http://www.birdmanferrari.com/

Photo of the part:

If you plan to offer them to the Porsche community, talk/email JohnD to avoid any issues with this thread and the forum. Here: If you are not a Rennlist Sponsor and Promote....

BTW, your solution looks like a great solution to this problem.

I am not affiliated, nor have vested interest, related, bla bla bla…
Old 02-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Birdman_Ferrari
Cruisin'

Hi Gang,
Honest to goodness, I'm not trying to market these on your forum. I have been a member of the Ferrarichat forum long enough to know that is a no no. I honestly am trying to figure out if these little suckers will work on Porsches. If so, then I'll have to figure out how to let Porsche owners know about them!!

Someone on here managed to send me an e-mail through this system, so it must be someone with higher powers. I figured maybe I couldn't see the PM buttons because of my low post count. Sheesh, you guys are TOUGH on the low post counters over here!!

In the meantime, with my low post count, the software is set up to block me from posting a web address or email. However you can find my website by googling "Birdman Ferrari Parts" . It will be the first hit.

Jaime, thanks for the comments on my car. She ain't perfect by a long shot, but she's my baby.

All, the pic of the mat clip installed that Jaime was kind enough to post is a first production sample with no finish (bare metal) which is why it's ugly. Production ones are black. But you can paint them any color you want to match the interior. More pics of what they look like uninstalled are on my site. I welcome hearing from you.

So guys, seriously, go to the site, get my e-mail address, zap me an e-mail tonight with your mailing address so I can ship some out tomorrow morning. I really want to hear from the Porsche crowd. No scam here....free parts in exchange for knowing what cars these will fit besides 308s.

Thanks again

Birdman
Old 02-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Birdman_Ferrari
Cruisin'

Steve and Jaime,
I just sent you both e-mails.

Birdman
Old 02-22-2007, 08:15 PM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll give them a try in a 1991 C4. Email is davidejankowski@gmail.com . Thanks
Old 02-22-2007, 09:10 PM
emac
Racer

Count me in, and thank you.

Ernie 81 SC arfyelmo@sbcglobal.net
Old 02-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Birdman_Ferrari
Cruisin'

OKay gang, looks like I have about 6 beta testers, thanks! I look forward to your responses. Thanks again. I am heading to the PO in the morning.

Best,
Birdman

Quick Reply: Free new product in exchange for Porsche help!