Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jaime, any updates? Cheers, --H
Old 10-22-2008, 12:03 AM
furblog
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wachuko
Creating a place holders for my future mods Similar to my thread on the 964 forum: Pending Projects - 964

or in the 996TT forum - Pending Projects - 996TT

This one will be a long-term project... long long long-term...

I bought my car January 27, 2007.

The car: 1983 Slate Blue Metallic (Schieferblaumetallic - Paint code L661 / X6)911SC with 150898 miles. Blue interior - US$9,000.00. Details of the purchase and condition when I bought it here: Purchase thread

A few photos before the changes began:

Would like to take it from that look to something like this (while keeping the same color, Pacific Blue Metallic):

Pending mods:

1. Remove all stuff not needed in the engine bay

2. Redo interior (a bit sad since the previous owner installed new carpet and trim recently...). But I want to eliminate rear seats and install the RS style carpet with rear deck delete. .Update: Ordered. Got the RS carpet set from Original Fit Interiors

3. Seats - I wanted to go retro with some GTS or Vintage Seats...
R style

4. Door Panels - install RS America door panels. .Update: Arrived: Feb 8, 2007 - Got them from Original Fit Interiors

5. Rear wing - Posted a WTB in the classifieds for an used one. Depending on responses/prices I will get a used one or buy one from Getty Designs, MA Shaw, or GT Racing (not even sure if all those are manufactured by the same company...) .Update: Found and bought on Feb. 3, 2007 a used one. Needs some work... ongoing restoration of the wing/tail

6. Front fenders, bumper, splitter - well... decided. RSR vented. Update: Ordered. Got it from GT Racing

7. Rear qtr panels, bumper - full vented RSR

8. Race styled mirror housing - Update: Recieved Feb/ 8, 2007. Got it from BetterBodiesUSA

9. Wheels - Will get them (9", 11" x17 - 2 Piece Fuch style) from Lindsey Racing

10. Roll bar

List of installed mods:

1. Vanity plate -> RSR 3.0 (well... actually it is RSR 3-0 since the DMV does not use "." but close enough.

2. Let's start with the easy stuff... H4's. Update: Installed! Got it from Pelican Parts

3. Since I already have a Recaro seat seems best to just get the same passenger seat to go with that and avoid buying two new seats. Update: Drivers side Recaro Sport seat installed!

That is all for now... just wanted to get the thread started to keep track of the changes.
Speaking of seats, I was also looking forward to install some classy Vintage Seats just to match and complement the whole look of my ride.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Kahdmus
Jaime, any updates? Cheers, --H
Working on the 964... I want to have it back on the road asap as I use it often.

Please keep in mind that this was to be a project that was going to take several years... I have actually done more (and bought more parts) than what I expected during the first year... All body panels are here, wheels and tires, carpet, etc.

I am only missing the front mounted oil cooler, exhaust (using the current headers and just going to build something at home for the dual pipes), and even if not needed (just for looks) a set of new GTP brake calipers at all four corners, also need to decide if I go with the race seats or buy the matching passenger seat... very temped to go with some Recaros Pole Position (I can buy two Pole Position for what that Sport is going to cost me , and maybe it will go better with the overall theme)...

I would say that I did the easy stuff already... and what follows is very labor intensive... a lot of the work will not show or turn into great progress... finishing the rear wing and prep for paint of just the wing will take me a weekend. Alignment of the rear quarter panels, I have to build the supports for the rear bumper to the car and to the qtr panels, then glue the panels... I have to sort out fuel filling... I would love not to have to modify the tank... but looks like I will have to...

Anyway, as soon as I am done with the 964 you will see some progress here

Last edited by Wachuko; 10-22-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Question

Originally Posted by furblog
Speaking of seats, I was also looking forward to install some classy Vintage Seats just to match and complement the whole look of my ride.
Post photos of your ride? Did your uncle give you the car already?
Old 12-08-2008, 06:32 PM
cparkin
Rennlist Member

just read through the whole thing! awesome project.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:58 PM
911cabriolet
Intermediate

Awesome job. Can't wait to see finished pics.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:34 AM
vinceqn
Advanced

I wanna know where i can get those seats
Old 01-05-2009, 04:26 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

This sounds like a pretty sick project. Best of luck.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by vinceqn
I wanna know where i can get those seats
try TRE. I saw a room full of retro seats to die for at there place.

www.tremotorsports.com
Old 01-06-2009, 01:37 PM
vinceqn
Advanced

Thanks for the info Douglas, didn't buy a seat but I think I may pick up some 1/4 panels and an RSR bumper
Old 01-06-2009, 03:00 PM
vinceqn
Advanced

Thanks for the info Douglas, didn't buy a seat but I think I may pick up some 1/4 panels and an RSR bumper
Old 04-12-2009, 08:46 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Well, a quick update, after some soul searching I have decided to give it to a pro to finish the body work and paint... that way I have a chance to use the car before I am 80 years old,

Also, decided to go with Recaro Pole Position for the seats. I tried one yesterday and my butt fits.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:46 AM
iJeremy
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

It has been entirely too long since this thread was bumped... Bodywork complete? Seats in?... Trumpets on?... Update please!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Life took over... still nicely parked in the garage without any additional work... I am taking it out for a drive to fill it with gas and start working on it again this weekend.

There is a lot of little things that take a long time (making the holes in the bumper for the signal lights, hole for the center mesh, fabricating the lip on the rear bumper to be able to bolt it to the rear quarter panels, etc....). I did order the elbows for the muffler to be able to use the same muffler installed and have the dual exhaust coming out of the bumper cutouts.

I started selling a few other projects I had so I can also raise some $ to have a shop finish the body work that I can't tackle.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:34 PM
BReyes
Racer

I sometimes tell experienced guys who have skills such as you do, to not shy away from the paint & bodywork on their 911. I was taught how to paint my first car over thirty years ago (many more since then, and some still very time consuming [a new thread on my 69 coming soon to Pelican]), and I know it takes a lot of time, both, to get very good, and to do very good work. The mess/ fumes/ itching created can be an issue for some. And it can be frustrating because it is often just one person working alone, and that usually keeps the car off the pavement longer than they would like.

She is going to be worth it. Keep it up! I'll be in Altamonte, visiting a friend from USF. pm me.

Regards,

Quick Reply: Pending Projects and a few Qs?