Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Steve Wong Chip (more praise)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 01:03 PM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lorenfb
And this "speaks" to the credibility of those that praise performance chips:...
Hmm....Dave B @ TRE, Steve W. @ Rennsport Systems, the list goes on and on... IMO, everyone should do their own research and draw their own conclusions... I know I did
Old 01-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

"Hmm....Dave B @ TRE, Steve W. @ Rennsport Systems, the list goes on and on.."

Right! They all sell 'em. No thorough evaluation data has been presented to the extent that has
been presented on my web site, e.g. the two of the worst chips "push" the timing to values used
by the 964 which has knock sensors to prevent detonation, and the facts continue to be ignored
by the naive.

Come on! Blind leading the blind.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:24 PM
KC911
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=Lorenfb....Come on! Blind leading the blind.[/QUOTE]

Now you've done it.... I've been asking all these questions about how to polish my Porsche, and I now learn that I'm not going to be able to SEE the results. Woe is me....
Old 01-24-2007, 01:37 PM
madmmac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by panchosouth
Loren
I understand that you yourself sell chips as well. Is this correct?
Loren, this one you seemed to have missed and not answered.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:56 PM
panchosouth
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by madmmac
Loren, this one you seemed to have missed and not answered.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Diamond Blue
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the second time that Loren has gone and looked up posts to use against me. Instead of aswering the questions he starts the usual behavior. The last time you did this, it ended up a very long and successful thread, hope this happens again. Also I have not been banned for 30 days for attacks like you have at PP and there was a thread that was sent to the abyss here on Rennlist because of the same behavior. Besides being warned by the mods to behave.

I do this so I can learn about how things work. I contribute when I can and learn from the rest. And I was asking for help with this. The distributor has the mechanism to adjust it self, otherwise why would it have the mechanism in the distributor anyway? This may not provide advance but it does keep the rotor where it should be so the Motronic can do it's job. My car is running rich at idle and get quite close to where it should be in the optimum operating RPM. With a 3.4 and different cams the Porsche chip no longer is able to provide the correct management for the engine. There could be an issue with my distributor which is causing my problem. That's what these forums are all about, solving problems and improving our cars.
I have asked for YOUR data on chips for 3 years now with no response, just years old data that is no longer relevant. No comment on the fact that a chipped engine is in great shape after 40,000 miles and 15 years of service with a chip in it.. And again answer the ? about you selling chips...
Old 01-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Dave Thomas
Racer

Guys, with all due respect, you’re wasting your breath.

This is Loren’s standard MO. He believes he is the smartest guy in the Universe and has very little tolerance for the rest of us dummies. He expects everyone to SEE that he’s the smartest guy, and when we don’t, he gets nasty. He has absolutely NO personal communication skills. Whenever these threads come up, he starts with what appears to be a helpful comment, but as soon as anyone disagrees, the real Loren comes out. He starts with personal attacks, then he stalks the victim, searching for other posts where he can inflict his ridicule. And yes, this behavior has gotten him temporarily banned from Pelican; apparently he didn’t learn the lesson there as he’s back at it. It also got him chastised and deleted here, but again, he just can’t play nice. One can only hope the moderators see fit to ban him here too. But wait - he’s a sponsor so that probably won’t happen. Poor Loren has to buy his friends.

As far as getting a reply to direct questions, good luck with that too. He will only make statements, true or not, that support his position. He will never answer the question regarding whether or not he has, or is, selling his own chips. He will never provide proof that Steve Wong’s chips have caused engine damage. This is because he can’t.

Go ahead, Loren, prove me wrong and tell us whether or not you have sold or are selling your own chips. Provide proof that Steve’s chips have damaged engines. Explain how hundreds of owners can be totally wrong about their own experience.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:56 PM
panchosouth
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Forgive me for asking, but does this guy even have a Porsche?
Old 01-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Dave Thomas
Racer

He's obviously never driven a Carrera with a Steve Wong chip in it, or if he has he won't admit it!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenfb
Read this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/911-forum/325841-performance-chips-on-e-bay.html

It provides insights about problematic chip issues.
[Disclaimer On]
The only reason I posted about the $50 chip in the Pontiac my co-worker owns was to state that you probably get what you pay for. I would not put a $25 eBay purchased chip in the computer that runs my $12,000 Porsche 911 motor. That's the only point I was trying to make in my post that is referenced above. I made no reference to anything Steve Wong is producing/selling.
[/Disclaimer Off]
Old 02-03-2007, 11:33 AM
oceanvue
Instructor

Hey Gang. I did the Steve Wong chip switcheroo from my stock chip yesterday. I drove up to LA from OC thinking that maybe we would install the chip and I could test it on the way back, we did and I did. I tend to play little games on the freeway when I see cars coming up in my rear view mirror to test me (cruising at 4000 rpms in 3rd with my arm out the window like I'm casully transporting gold fish in the front seat, locked and loaded for when they pull up beside me) So I have a real good idea of where the car was at without the chip for comparison with the chip. HUGE differance. I wish I would have brought a stop watch but in the time my car was going from 60-100 it's now going from 60-120 and yes I was going 120 on the 5 fwy yesterday, but it happened fast. The car also has better quickness around town. I'm going to test it through the canyons today before I get used to the chip and after I adjust my throttle cable (yea, it was outta whack) Steve said that will make a big dif. too. I guess I can sum the chip up in one word....DAMN!!
Old 02-03-2007, 05:40 PM
joey c
Pro

loren do you like potato chips
Old 02-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Dave Thomas
Racer

Originally Posted by oceanvue
I guess I can sum the chip up in one word....DAMN!!
There you go - your experience is identical to nearly every other Steve Wong chip owner. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:00 AM
oceanvue
Instructor

I do a lot of running around with a friend with a BMW 330ci ('04 I think) so I use his car as a barometer for performance changes. We drove the canyons yesterday (Orange County Trabucco/Silverado) He was no longer even competitive with me. One thing I noticed is 3rd is a much much better "play" gear. I know a chip doesn't change gearing but the delivery of fuel at diferant points obviously does effect how the car performs in differant gears.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Dave Thomas
Racer

That's the main benefit - it fattens the power/torque band on the low end, makes every gear more useful. But I agree- I love 3rd now, and that closer gap on the 3-4 shift is really sweet. I now spend a lot of time back and forth between 3rd and 4th when I'm having fun on the country roads.

Quick Reply: Steve Wong Chip (more praise)