Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Club Sport on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 04:37 PM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 17 Posts

Loren, if you could buy this car for $30k, I'll split the cost and profits with you and drive it to California.

This car will sell for $55,000-70,000. Based on the scarcity, we probably will not know the sales price.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

"This car will sell for $55,000-70,000. Based on the scarcity, we probably will not know the sales price."

Right, but don't hold your breath.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DHinkle
Interestingly, the decline in the stock market has fueled both real estate and the collector car market this go around.
Let's make sure we place the primary responsibility for the latest, epic bubble on the incredibly irresponsible Federal Reserve, led by Greenspan. They flooded the monetary system with huge amounts of liquidity, depressing interest rates to historic lows for far too long. When this current bubble unwinds it will create large amounts of damage for years to come.

On a lighter note I passed on the Gulf blue CS when it was in New Mexico for under $30K before Don picked it up. Oh well you can't have them all. Sure is a cool looking car.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:13 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is turning into an ecomonics thread....
I have 3 things to say

1. I did not realize the stock market has declined (last I checked it was doing quite well)
2. I think Greenspan did a good job of getting us out of recession and giving us a very long period of expansion. By the way, the overnight rate controlled by greenspan doesn't affect the 10 year or 30 year bond rates...in fact the yield curve is inverted at the present time. In other words, mortgage rates didn't move much relative to an increase in the overnight rate from 1%-5+%.
3. The people who will get burned the most in a downturn are those that stretched too far (100% financing on their house, interest only mortgages, etc) and those who unfortunately lose their jobs...currently the unemployment rate is very low as well though, so there is no issue there.

The economy will go down (and will go up)- the job of the fed is to minimuze the delta not to stop downturns....after all, they are not God!

I digressed since the thread digressed- sorry

I agree there is too much liquidity in the market- the risk/return ratio is off, but how much of this is Greenspan's fault is debatable- he wansn't irresponsiblein my opinion.

Quick Reply: Club Sport on eBay