Denver SC owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 10:09 PM
mrtoro
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Denver SC owners

Hi there-

i just got my 911ss and iwas wondering if there are any denver locals on this board. I know the pca is the best source for local information and I have signed up there as well. But I have tons of questions about the unique features of these cars as well as some upgrade questions (exhaust and suspension mainly). Let me know if there are any local sc owners who would not mind some basic newbie questions and take a look at the car.

Cheers
cenk
Old 10-17-2006, 12:45 AM
aircooled
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new SC. The rockies will offer some great drives. Just may be a little challenge come tag time unless you are away from the front range...

Jim
Old 10-17-2006, 02:15 PM
nixtfy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased my first Porsche in April. Most of the questions I have had answered here or over on pelican parts.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:22 PM
nkgosselin
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, emissions is tough on changing exhaust.

We're around. Can't help you on mods though because mine is bone stock. As far as garage's go, I use Storz for my SC and 951. They've been great to me.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:05 PM
nixtfy
Advanced

I would second that on using Storz. They are very competent and easy to deal with. In fact they helped me out quite extensively when recently when my car was stranded in Aspen.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:39 AM
mrtoro
Racer

my car came up from AZ. Do i need to worry about changing anything to avoid running rich or is the 26 year old motronic is able to handle that? also the PO mentioned changing a setting to pass the smog. does anyon have a little more information on that one.
thanks
Old 10-22-2006, 05:04 PM
aircooled
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mrtoro. There is an air mixture adjustment for the CIS (K-Jetronic) that most shops can set with a NO exhaust tester. The setting is adjusted with a long allen wrench. The emission stgation will also check out other related itenms such as air injector (if required) catalyic converter and gas capif unleaded is required. Another good shop to consider is Dick Sparks at 9-Lives Racing...hope this helps,
Old 10-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Naitove
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrtoro
my car came up from AZ. Do i need to worry about changing anything to avoid running rich or is the 26 year old motronic is able to handle that? also the PO mentioned changing a setting to pass the smog. does anyon have a little more information on that one.
thanks
You don't have motronic.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:17 PM
mrtoro
Racer

thank you for the recommendations. are any of you attending the RMR autox this sunday?
cheers
cenk
Old 11-02-2006, 12:13 AM
mrtoro
Racer

the car passed the emissions without any problems. there was decent margin of error to spare. Pretty impressive. i agree with storz comment. i went over to meet the owners. great guys thanks for the recommend especially since they are extremely close to my place.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:51 PM
rentadate
Instructor

hey there, I'm also from the denver area. I don't have an SC, but the go parts of an SC. I have always taken my car down a little south of Denver to 8th and vallejo. Very knowledgeable, and always willing to help out a newbie.

He has a nice shop full of cars. He helps me out a whole lot with everything. He also takes the time to help me understand my car. I haven't talked much about modding, (mostly because I can't afford it) but I'm sure he is very knowledgeable.

I found out about him, because my mom was using a trucking company to do LDL, and he was carrying lots of porsches from California out here to be fixed or rebuilt by him.

try him out. Watch him sometime. he is really methodical in the way he moves around.

Eisenbud's
796 Vallejo St
Denver, CO 80204
(303) 825-0322
Old 11-13-2006, 02:06 PM
CDILL
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 11 Posts

I have some of the service work on my car done at Eisenbud's it is a great shop and the guys that work there are very knowlegable they helped me do a 3.6 swap in my 83 cab

Quick Reply: Denver SC owners