Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1989 Silver Anniversary Edition 911

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 03:17 PM
rusie28
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 Silver Anniversary Edition 911

I am about to purchase a 1989 Silver Anniversary Edition 911. This will be my first and hopefully not my last Porsche! I am trying to gather as much infomation about this vehicle as possible. Does anyone have any links or information pertaing to the specs, options, and any addtional information about these cars. The car is Silver with gray leather interior and black pipiing.

Thank you in advance!
Old 06-26-2006, 03:22 PM
hellgelb
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There was an article in the February 2006 issue of Total 911 (UK magazine). One for sale that same spec here:eporsch

Nice looking cars; good luck !

Oh yeah - try searching for "Celebration 964" as well as Anniversary, as that model appears to have gone under different names in different territories. If you're a German speaker you may be interested to hear that there is an owner's club there.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Chuck Harmon
Racer

Welcome to Rennlist !
I used to have a 89 Silver Anniversary..... it got totaled two months ago !!
The Annivesary model is a limited production car, only 240 coupes were made,
The console and seat piping were the items that made this car different from the
other 89's. The interior color is called linen. Where are you located ? I only
know of two Anniversary models in the south, one in Dallas and one in Houston,
which is for sale at www.victorymotorcars.com
I got screwed by my insurance co. on my wreck, so buying another 89 was not
possible, I had to go with an 88 911. Otherwise I'd have gotten another 89
Anniversary ! I think they are really great cars, I'm Jealous !!
Good Luck
Chuck
Old 06-26-2006, 04:41 PM
hellgelb
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah. Whoops - getting confused with the '93 Celebration 964 C4. My bad.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:22 PM
FaceD
5th Gear

Welcome! Additionally, the Silver Anniversary models came with a turbo center console and color-matched Fuchs wheels. As stated there were approx 240 coupes made in silver and another 60 in black metallic paint (200 cabrios were made as well, 160 silver and the rest black metallic).

Cheers,
Face

89 Silver Anniversary Edition
Old 06-26-2006, 06:25 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,160 Likes on 831 Posts

well Chuck I guess there is a maximum of 239 now .. ..but wait a minute there is one for sale at Victory Motors !!!??? ... that makes 240 again ...
Old 06-26-2006, 06:25 PM
topnotched
8th Gear

nice choice
Old 06-26-2006, 10:58 PM
rusie28
AutoX

Thank you for the responses, I live in the Philadelphia, PA area, and will be picking the car up in Princeton, NJ on Wednesday. I am getting one of the cabrios and am excited to pick it up although it is supposed to rain all week, so I won't enjoy the car with the top down for another week. Thank you again for all the details. All of these descriptions match the car I am picking up. Silver exterior, linen interior with black piping. It was difficult to find any articles relating to this vehicle. I can keep you guys updated after I pick it up and learn how to drive it to its full potential.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:00 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,160 Likes on 831 Posts

That is a very special vehicle and will become even more rare as the years go by . Look after it !!!
Old 06-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on a great acquisition. We'll all be waiting for you to post the pictures of your new beauty. I just picked up an '87 cab and like Iceman said...take care of it and it will become rarer as the years go by....Chuck
Old 06-27-2006, 12:16 PM
AaronR968
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last year at the track one of the guys in out local pca has a 89 coupe and we saw parked right next to him a 89 Targa. Not very many made but he turned it into a track car. It was for sale for like 28K. having turned it into a track car made it loose all of its value IMO. My friend wanted to buy the fuse cover and he would not even sell it. That is the only thing he dosnt have to make the car 100% original.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:21 PM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on your new purchase! I'm going to respectfully disagree with the others who maintain that the Anniversary Editions are 'rare'. IMO, anytime you have several hundred cars produced in the same color combo, for a given body style, in a given year, they do no qualify for what I call 'rare'. No doubt about it, you have purchased a GREAT 911, but don't be afraid to treat is as 'yours' and do what you want to with it. The Anniversary Editions (just like my '88 Commemorative Edition) are essentially cosmetic packages and only command a slight premium over 'regular G50s', and that's typically because they are garage queens and not necessarily due to the package. Do a search both here and on Pelican for 'Anniversary Edition' (and also Commemorative Edition), as there have been several threads over the past few years which discuss these models (sometimes in the same thread). Welcome, and have fun...it's just beginning !

Keith
'88 Commemorative Edition coupe

edited: Here are a couple of links I found:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=183907

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...y&pagenumber=1
Old 06-27-2006, 04:03 PM
rusie28
AutoX

thanks for the feedback. These forums are great! I was looking for either a Commemorative Edition or an anniversary edition over the past 12 months, and finally made my purchase. I found some in very used condition and passed on them, until I saw this one and it is all original as far as I can tell. I am not sure about the stereo, it has a Porsche CD player and I was not aware they were offered with CD players in 1989.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Dan_N
Advanced

Originally Posted by rusie28
thanks for the feedback. These forums are great! I was looking for either a Commemorative Edition or an anniversary edition over the past 12 months, and finally made my purchase. I found some in very used condition and passed on them, until I saw this one and it is all original as far as I can tell. I am not sure about the stereo, it has a Porsche CD player and I was not aware they were offered with CD players in 1989.

If the car has the original CD player, then there should be CD holders built into the center console. There are also versions with built in tape holders.

I have a Silver Anniversary Coupe. I would characterize the car as the "Eddie Bauer" edition of the model year. Good luck in your purchase.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:41 PM
rusie28
AutoX

Thank you Dan! the car does have built in CD holders. So I guess the car has the original CD player.

Quick Reply: 1989 Silver Anniversary Edition 911