911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Midwest Auto, Chicago..opinion on car and price

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Eric-17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for not keeping up with the thread... I recieved a very nice reply from Tom regarding this 911. He indicated that he had very little room for negotiation on the price. As I stated earlier in the thread; seems to be a great guy, but his prices are for those ignorant to the market. IMHO.

Eric
Old 08-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

He's had that car for a long long time I would guess that if you showed up with cash he has room to move. That price IMO is a joke as I already mentioned
Old 08-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Tom must be holding out for that specific buyer that wants a track ready car with those exact mods. Anyone looking for a street car will pass over this. His market is very limited with those mods, that condition and that price.

As a concours judge, I've judged race cars that you could eat off of. Just because it's seen track use, does not mean it should be a beater or have poor cosmetics (within reason like stone chips and such).

I'm not a track guy, but I'm wondering how much wear could has been inflicted on that new motor that has 20,000 miles on it if this car has seen heavy track use since the rebuild.

Tom's a good guy. I wish him luck.

Quick Reply: Midwest Auto, Chicago..opinion on car and price