Recommended 911 mecahnic and rebuilder in Jacksonville area

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 02:59 PM
marcandkimmie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended 911 mecahnic and rebuilder in Jacksonville area

Hello:

I am new to this forum so bear with me if I ask a question that has been answered previously.

...just to be sure...I used the search feature, but could not find the answer I was looking for so here goes

I own an 78,000 mile 89 C4 (with all the "issues" fixed) that I use as my daily driver. For FUN my wife and I share an 86 Carrera targa with a ducktail (looks great on a targa...my opinion but I digress). The 86 has been well maintained and still runs absolutely beautifully at 243,000 miles and no rebuild.

Alas...I would like to have the engine and transmission rebuilt before year end, but I want to make sure I have that done at the right place.

Can anyone recommend the best 911 mechanic and rebuilder in the Jacksonville, FL area?

Thank you very much,
Marc
Old 05-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Super_Dave_D
Advanced

Omega Motorsports on St John's bluff - Steve is who you want. Glad to see someone else from Jax here.

Omega Motorsports
Mechanic: Steve Vairamoglou
241-3 Tresca Rd.
Jacksonville, FL 32225
904-721-2022
Old 05-09-2006, 08:32 PM
marcandkimmie
Instructor

Thank you for the recommendation. I have taken my 89 C4 to Steve twice because it has been serviced by him for the past two owners. He knows the car. I just wanted to make sure he is the best in Jacksonville. I got a little scared on my last service because one of Steve's new mechanics overfilled my C4 with oil. I had to return to have him drain a quart off. Since I don't know his history I wanted to make sure he is the best in the area.

Has anyone had experience with other area Porsche mechanics such as Mos Wels of Mosport? He has been servicing my 86 quite nicely.

I want to take both my cars to just one shop....and I just wanted to make sure it's the best one in the area. Especially come rebuild time.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Super_Dave_D
Advanced

I guess you should take it where you feel comfortable. I use Steve due to his reputation. I have a friend that has a 930 and one that has a 356 and Steve is the only one they will let touch their cars. I personally like a garage thats as clean as his and you are more than welcome to walk in their work area and they are very friendly. His garage is always has some high dollor cars in it so someone must like what he does. I was talking to one of his guys (I was told they all came from Brumos) and he admittingly said he wasnt the air cooled guy and that Steve was a 'Master'. They have done some work on my car but ONLY when I dont feel comfortable doing it myself. I have always been happy with what he has done for me. I am not familiar with Mosport - where are they?
Old 05-10-2006, 08:18 AM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been many years since I lived in Jax, but I still go sailing in the St. Johns (and beyond) every chance I get . I have no affiliation, but I've seen this guy's name around ever since I've had my car. Probably not the shop for regular maintenance (I do all my own), but he might be worth checking into for rebuilds, etc.

http://www.broadfootracing.com/

Keith
'88 CE coupe
Old 05-10-2006, 10:43 AM
ChemMan
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Talk to Seth Agnew, Technical Dimension
Old 05-10-2006, 12:11 PM
marcandkimmie
Instructor

Thank you all for the heads up. Mosport is located on Lee Avenue just off Beach Blvd.

Has anyone else had experience with Broadfoot? The work on his website is impressive.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:19 PM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to inquire over on Pelican if no one here responds with their experience with Broadfoot. I have no affiliation whatsoever, but I too had checked out his website before and that's why I posted it here...

Keith
'88 CE coupe
Old 05-10-2006, 01:30 PM
g-50cab
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

I have heard good things about broadfoot. I would also check out jbracing.com mike burns is a stand up guy - they do great work - and also support alex job racing. a little further inland - but for that sort of money - check out all your options.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:00 AM
marcandkimmie
Instructor

Thank you very much. I will check them out.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:07 AM
BertBeagle
Track Day

I would give Drew Slayton a call in Aiken SC. It is a little drive but he is very good with many years experience. 803-648-1428

Quick Reply: Recommended 911 mecahnic and rebuilder in Jacksonville area