Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

The problem with Porsches...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 10:12 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by JP Stanley
autobonrun, you know you have a clean SC, when you can sit up above your 993 and not worry about oil leaks. Sweeeeeet.
How I wish. I have the drip pans underneath. Just to be sure, I placed some plastic between the two bottom ramp sections as well. If you look closely you can see it in the photo. These SC's just have too many potential leak sources to trust them on top with nothing underneath; oil return tubes, valve covers, cam tower lines, chain tensioner gaskets, pressure switch, etc. etc.

Although mine runs like new, I think I have a leak from the pressure switch. I replaced the oil return tubes and cam tower lines so they are dry. The pressure switch is on the backside of the engine and I can't reach it without lowering it. It's not a major leak, so I figure it can wait until it's time for a clutch replacement. I have about 109k on this clutch, so I may end up dropping the engine in the next three years or so. The first clutch lasted 101k miles so it may be getting about that time.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Spodie!
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rentadate
...But I paid the State Trooper off $60.00 and I got it reduced to 2 points. Now I have a 4 pointer in the works to go to in June! I'm mad.....
Wait a minute.
You paid off the cop? Legally?
How does that work?
Old 05-02-2006, 09:50 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,160 Likes on 831 Posts

rnln:

Did it have some extra body parts on it ? the 240Z I saw looked like some kind of very mild body kit was on it and it definitly did not have original wheels. I think these ones were more chrome.

Could it be the same car?

ice ..

what a small world if it is , the guy lives like three streets away from me . He said he used to have one many years ago but he just bought this one last year.

wow....
Old 05-02-2006, 10:04 AM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there are several lift companies selling essentially the same lift (i.e. just a couple of manufacturers with many diffent companies selling them under their own company/product name). Research the different companies/prices- I got mine at Superlifts, and then found out there were other companies selling essentially the same lift. Usually there are two sizes- one that goes higher (some companies call it the "SUV" model)- that's the one I have because I have enough ceiling height. Also, many of the companies sell two models- the only difference being one is USA steel and made in the USA, whereas the other is made in China or some other "overseas" area. I think there were other threads where these lifts were spoken about, or if you start another thread I'm sure several of us can post info.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:17 AM
rnln
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Ice,
I did something to it but tried to keep original to keep the value since it's one of those first generation. It's 1969, the first year made. No, I don't add but I shave a lot off it. Many times I ran it off the road surface. Scary but fun. It's a car for you to mess it up.. bad. Very light, very reliable.
I did have the front lip and new paint. If he bought it from Arizona, then it's not then. I am in California, 7 hours from Arizona.
The guy bought mine also had one a years ago.

Quick Reply: The problem with Porsches...