Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

79 Targa Rear Window Seal

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 01:39 PM
VBHokie
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 79 Targa Rear Window Seal

I have a two part window seal on my 79 Targa, one between Targa bar and window, and one along bottom of window and the body.

The portion between the bar and window has one end on the passenger side that has come loose, and it just flaps along in the wind as I drive. It seems to fit snugly back into the gap between the bar and the window only to come out again the next time I am driving.

Can this seal be "hot glued" back into place or is this a sign that I need to replace this window seal?
Old 05-03-2006, 08:33 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,160 Likes on 831 Posts

I guess you could ue weatherstrip adhesive like waht is used to glue in the rear sound pad, but itf it leaks , replacing it would be the better option . This is no easy feat from what I have heard though.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:47 AM
VBHokie
6th Gear

So far I have not seen any evidence of leaks. As far as I can tell I currently have no problems except for seeing this little strip of rubber flapping off the right side of my car out of the corner of my eye or across the view from my passenger side mirror.

So, I will take a look at the adhesive and see if that will do it for me. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:07 AM
Muf
Advanced

But the rear glass seal is one piece.
I know that it is a rather difficult job to replace the seal. I had mine changed when we painted the car and it took the mechanic one whole day :-(
(You have to install the seal and the metal trim at once)

Quick Reply: 79 Targa Rear Window Seal